I can't "visit this location"

Muletta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I click on "visit this location" on my dashboard, or click  "see item inworld" on Marketplace, the browser takes me to another tab/window, where I click Teleport...

I have done this a lot of times in the past, without any problems both using Firefox and Internet Explorer.

But suddenly Firefox does not work with this tp-thing any longer...when I click on "teleport" the browser just keeps on opening new tabs, faster than I can shut them down again...keeps on and on and on opening empty tabs.

I tried to look in forum, and I installed SLURL Proxy, put in the shortcut to FireStorm, and now the Proxy asks me permission when I want to teleport, just as it should....but Firefox still just keep on opening empty tabs, when I press the Teleport-button.

If anyone could help me here, what to do, I will be very grateful...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Ohjiro...

No, I am clicking See item inworld, and I also know that some locations from the MP do not exist anymore.

It was easy before, when I could get a tp-request inworld directly from my dashboard (upcoming events) or from MP, without all that copy-pasting. And I know how it used to work. Firefox just denies to do it anymore.

The weird thing is, that if I use Internet Explorer, there are no problems. But I cannot use IE to other things, so I prefer Firefox. I just have to get it to work again, as it used to.

If I download Malwarebytes, wouldn't it conflict with my other security-system?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you too Valerie and LIndal. When I had to leave IE, I chose Firefox, and I have never tried Chrome so I gave it a chance. I tested several functions in Chrome, and it seems to work great. Thanks for the tip :)

If I later decides to return to Firefox, I will do what you told me Lindal, but right now I am rather happy to have changed to Chrome :)

Again, thanks for all your help...I really appreciate it.

3 answers to this question

Are you clicking on Visit the Store instead of See item in Second Life are you?

Just checking, well you can try this then.

Right click on the link and then select Copy URL. Now paste the result into something so you can see it. You should be able to see the name of the region and the co-ordinates.

Ctrl + M to open the world map and type in the name of the sim (don't include weird stuff like %20. Click on find and it should go off and find the sim. Then type in the co-ordinates and click on Teleport.

Some locations shown in the marketplace are out of date and don't exist.

Opening loads of tabs could be some kind of malware trick. Download the free version of Malwarebytes and run it to see if your browser has been hijacked. Also try disabling firefox addins there is no quality control on them.

Hi Muletta! For what it's worth, I'll give my input here. I've had this very same issue with Firefox a few months ago and couldnt find any way to fix it. I've been using Chrome since then and don't have any such problems anymore. I do understand you prefer Firefox, but giving a try with Chrome might work for you too... :)

Open Firestorm, choose Options/Applications.  Scroll down and find "secondlife" in the Content Type column.  The Action column should say "Firestorm" but if it does not, highlight the row and click the dropdown chevron to see choices.  Select "Other" and navigate to the Firestorm.exe file.

And no, you can run multiple security/antivirus/malware programs and they won't conflict.  But to keep things running without bogging down, only set your main antivirus to run all the time, and just use the others to scan when you think you may have an issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.