I can't get hear any music playing when I go to dance clubs???

KalistaMarie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am having problems hearing any music when I go to dance clubs or places where music is being played??? is there a setting I am over looking somewhere?? any help would be appreciated.

I guess I should say that I have this problem in both my viewers also, SecondLife and Firestorm

Thanks,

Kalista

1 answer to this question

Several things can mess up your music stream.  Often, you can clear a problem by toggling the music on and off a few times.  Sometimes teleporting to another sim and back, or relogging, will help.  Sometimes nothing does.  It can just be a feature of the sim's server, or of the stream itself.

One common cause for streaming audio problems is having your maximum bandwidth set too high.  Look in Preferences >> Internet (or whatever your viewer calls that tab).  You maximum bandwidth should generally be no higher than 75% of your own measured download bandwidth (measure here).  That max bandwidth setting limits how much bandwidth your viewer is allowed to use, out of the total available to it.  If you have it set too high, your viewer can hog ALL of your bandwidth, leaving little or nothing for streaming media and Voice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.