How to restore parcel home, after blacklisting a HUD that "disappeared" the home.

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was testing a HUD item, and it would not work properly.

I tried to "return" the item, and it would not do it, I tried to (blacklist) the item, and it "disappeared" the home itself.

I'll need answers for this situation as a emergency.

4 answers to this question

Ral,

Lets start with what you actually did.

If you actually selected a return command:

When trying to 'touch' the HUD, your selection beam selected the house and you returned it to either your own or to the land owners Inventory. If you own and rezzed the home, look for it in its original folder in your own Inventory. It may have also been returned into your Lost and Found folder as well.

If the home was a part of a furnished rental, contact your landlord and ask them to please restore it in that you made a mistake.

If you actually selected a blacklist command:

If you succeeded in 'Blacklisting' it then is will not rez for you and can not be seen again until you remove it from the blacklist list.

If you are using Firestorm: To rerender an object: From the top menu bar, select World → Asset Blacklist. Find the item you wish to remove, click it to highlight it, then click the Remove selected items from blacklist button.
You will then need to force a view refresh: change your active group to a different one (any, it doesn't matter which), and then cam around some OR TP out and back.

The HUD:

Next, to remove a HUD, open your Current Outfit folder and find the HUD you no longer want and 'Detatch' it.

• Like 2

At the time of posting the question, I forgot to mention I was using the Firestorm viewer when this incident happened. I did a mad scramble to find out what happened,

and found out the HUD item "blacklisted" the parcel, instead of the item itself. I politely "removed" the selected item on the blacklisted window page, to restore my

parcel home. 1/21/2015.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.