Answer
Resident
CKay
Accepted Solution
How do I switch to advanced mode? I am using Firestorm?

Hi! The SL Viewer was not working so I had to download Firestorm. I cannot switch modes in the loggin screen and Control Alt D does not work. How do I switch to Advanced mode? Thank you!

CKay

Accepted Solutions: 3
Luc Starsider
Answered

I didn't think Firestorm had a basic mode - I thought it only had the Advanced mode. But I don't really know Firestorm, so I may be wrong. When you log in, can you open your inventory? Can you store landmarks? If so, you are in advanced mode.

- Luc -

Need a laugh? Watch this.
Ansariel Hiller
Kudos: 885
Solutions: 496
Answered

Firestorm has no basic mode and comes in advanced mode by default.

If I ever find a smart and funny signature text, you will find it right here!
Claireschen Hesten
Solutions: 87
Answered

Firestorm is automatically in advanced mode and doesn't have a basic mode if you have other issues the inworld Phoenix/firestorm viewer group is the perfect for getting help with firestorm

Other Answers: 3
Adonis Adamski
Topics: 1
Kudos: 2
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 0
Answered

If you want to open the advanced menu at the top then here is some info which is in the preferences options

Preferences - Advanced

• Font Scaling (UI size slider): Adjust the slider to choose the UI size. NOTE that too high may mean you cannot see all of your UI. This may also “break” some UI elements.
  • Allow Multiple Viewer: Allows you to run multiple instances of Firestorm(may reduce stability and performance).
  • Allow login to other grids: Allows you to use Firestorm on other grids (Not all grids will support Firestorm).
  • Show Advanced Menu: Adds the Advanced menu to the top (menu) bar. (Use at own risk!) May also be achieved with Ctrl-Alt-D.
  • Show Developer Menu: Adds the Develop menu to the top (menu) bar. (Use at own risk!) May also be achieved with Ctrl-Alt-Q.
valerie Inshan
Answered

There is no advanced button on the login screen.

When you are inworld, go to "me" > preferences > advanced > enable advanced menu > enable developer menu.

"Everybody is right from their own point of view, but it is not impossible that everyone is wrong." Mahatma Gandhi
Resident
krysta Winslet
Answered

In firestorm go to world, then show more, then advanced, it will enable the advanced menu button on your toolbar.