How can I stop crashing since lastest SL update version 3.4.4

luna Lafleur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Second Life 3.4.4 is crashing since 02/09/2013 what can I do to fix this? Please help?

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz (3093.06 MHz) Memory: 6057 MB OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) compatibility mode. real ver: 6.1 (Build 7601) Graphics Card Vendor: Intel Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.17.0010.2867 OpenGL Version: 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.2867

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1 J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0 Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000 Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded) Voice Server Version: Not Connected Built with MSVC version 1600

** I do not know why it is showing I have Windows XP Service Pack 2 as I have Windows 7 HOme premium service pak 1 as per my computer information

2 answers to this question

Set your graphics to low and reduce your draw distance to less than 128 meters (64 might be good).  I, too, updated my SL V-3 to 3.4.4 yesterday.  I just logged in my alt on another computer (the lower spec'd machine that I have.....this computer is quite a bit more powerful than that computer).  I went into edit, rezzed some items from inventory, changed clothing items, changed skins, changed hair, danced some dances from my dance hud, and TP'd to a few placed that I know are pretty laggy (Sine Wave Island, for instance).  I experienced no problems what so ever.......not even much time to rezz the world around me at Sine Wave Island.  I certainly did not crash and I spent some 30 minutes in world (most of which was TP'ing around to the laggier places I know of).  I don't believe there is a problem with the viewer update.

The computer I used is not quite the same as yours.  The CPU is older and slower than your i3 (a Core 2 quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz).  I have more system RAM (4 GB),  it's a Vista x64 system fully updated and my video is much stronger than yours (GTS 250, 1 GB onboard VRAM).  The main problem I see with your computer is your video adapter......it's on CPU chipset video and is not particularly powerful.  You need to reduce the amount of work your graphics adapter must do.

And getting SP 3 for your XP system is probably a very good idea......not only for performance but for your security.  XP is a pretty old OS and has been exploited by hackers 100's of times.  That's sort of like locking your gate with a combination lock and 1,000's of people know the combination.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.