Feel cheated.

Heroof2099

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

About a week or two ago I was playing one of the 4Play slots in a Sandbox and I wagered 20 of my hard earned Lindens and I actually won. I eagerly awaited my prize of 40L...but i never received anything.

I understand that today its hard to take someones word in these situations, but I feel cheated. And I also understand that 40L isn't that much to others... but when someone works for something ... and because Linden Realms is alrighty mind-numbingly boring... shouldn't we be able keep what we earn?

4 answers to this question

If you feel that you were cheated, you may want to submit an Abuse Report.  You should be aware of two factors, however....

1. Linden Lab almost never interferes in a dispute between residents.  According to the TOS (Sect. 6),"We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. "  Linden Lab generally only responds to an Abuse Report if there has been a violation of the Terms of Service.

2. Wagering is forbidden in Second Life.  See the Gambling policy, paying particular attention to the sentence that says that if Linden Lab discovers that the policy has been violated, they may suspend or terminate the accounts of all people involved and contact the relevant RL authorities.

• Like 2

Let me get this straight.  You "worked" in Linden Realms to earn $L20?  That was your first mistake.  Accumulating $L20 in Linden Realms probably took you, what...about four hours?  That is a "wage" of about $.02 US per hour.  Two cents an hour.  Your coimputer burned more than that in electricity during those four hours.

If you got a job at your local burger flippers or coffee shop, you'd be making 500 times that.  Only a few hours of work at Real Life minimum wage, and you could buy ten thousand $L with plenty left over to pay your gas money.

Stop wasting your time on dead end activities like Linden Realms.  Buy a few thousand $L with a credit card or PayPal.

Your second mistake was playing those frigging slot machines.  Yes, they supposedly have an element of "skill" involved.  However, people buy these machines and set them out because they make money for THEM, not for you.  The one you played may have been rigged, or it might have been an honest mistake.  But overall, playing those things is the same as pouring money down a rat hole.  Cut it out!

Your third mistake was complaining about it here.  You are not going to get a lot of sympathy over a loss of four cents.  Go look under your sofa cushions, and you'll most likely find enough to make up for it.

Now, when I give people advice like this, a lot of them say "I don't have a credit card" or "I don't want to spend money on the game."  OK, fine.  Let me suggest a better use of your time then.  Use the hours you would have spent playing Linden Realms learning how to use GIMP and Blender.  Get good with them.  Then use them to make nice things and sell those things to other residents.  It's still a gamble...just as in Real Life, most new businesses in SL fail.  But if you are successful, you'll make a LOT more than you ever would with games.

• Like 2

hi

you use a slots machine in a sand box.

which allow you to gamable.

and you won cash

but did not get paid

ok

first gamableing is not allow in sand boxes, you were rob

all gameing is taxable in SL

go back to the sand box and if the machines are there, you can click on them to find out who the owner is and AR them.

you can AR the machines to

all betting in SL is taxable

remember that

even your winning.

enjoy SL

dont bet

byee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.