DNS could not resolve the host name?

wolfy Destiny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have never had anything like this. It says:

Login Failed.

DNS could not resolve the host name. Please verify that you can connect to the secondlife.com web site.

If you can but continue to receive this error, please to go the support section and report this problem

What has changed??? I have been Inworld 7 years. This has never happened before.

I tried what you said Ohjiro Watanabe. STILL cannot log into SecondLife. What now ?

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Judging from the number of other people who have reported this same problem since last week  --- scroll down through the Answers to see for yourself --- Linden Lab seems to have a server problem that is affecting a small number of residents.  I suggest submitting a support case to let them know that you are one of those.  If you are not a Premium member and cannot submit a support case, try filing a JIRA report.

• Like 2

I'm a bit late in here, but here's the information and link to the new release Lindal-got-from-Karen-which-I-got-from-Karen too! :D

Release Notes for v3.7.25 (299147) - Second Life Viewer

March 4, 2015 - A new release to the SL Viewer is out that takes care of this issue and many many others introduced by the last viewer release roll out. Feel free to install this version in advance of the automatic push that will come in a few weeks and test it out.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.7.25.299147

RELEASE NOTE SUMMARY

A cornucopia of fixes including, but not limited to:

• snapshot floater & email
  • de-cluttering dialogs
  • appearance editing
  • rendering performance under some conditions
  • UI & keyboard bugs
  • camera bug in snapshot floater
  • performance
  • build tool
  • link parsing and display behavior
  • crash fixes
  • materials
  • sun position

... and many more for your Second Life pleasure.

Follow the link supplied above for the download and the detailed list of MAINT Issues resolved.

The annoying no link > issue is resolved as wel as a number of crash on TP and stability issues.. If anyone is having DNS issues out of the Blue, please try this release to see if any resolution if offered to stabilize DNS communication.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.