A Model of building

dawnalphonse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have created a mesh model . Then i imported it in second life . Then I tested and the avatar can move across the walls that I created . I meant to build a model of a building with rooms and The avatar can go inside through the door. But here the avatar can move across any wall.

How can I fix it

5 answers to this question

You will probably trade one problem for another, but ....

Whe n you create a mesh model to upload, you should also create a seperate physics model to accompany it.  If you do not, the uploader will create one by default and it will assume that your model has no openings.  That is, it will treat its collision surface as a simple convex hull. Setting it to Physics Shape Type PRIM won't help, because the default physics model doesn't know that there are supposed to be openings.  When you try to walk into a house with that sort of physics model, you'll collide with it.  There will be no door openings.  You can cure that problem by making the house phantom or by linking it to a root prim and then declaring the mesh house as Physics ShapeType NONE.  When you do either of those things, however, you'll be able to walk through everything, not just doorways. 

The only solution is to create your own physics model, with the door openings where you want them, and apply it as you upload the house.  Then set your house to Physics Shape Type PRIM. The servers will no longer treat it as a convex hull, and it will recognize the door openings that you created explicitly in your physics model.

• Like 2

There is a huge amount of information in this forum about building buildings and having solid walls and doors the avatar can enter.

There are numerious tutorials on the web explaining how to have solid walls and open doorways. Start with this information: http://blog.nalates.net/2012/03/14/reducing-prim-count/

• Like 3

Hi

there are Blender classes in secondlife.

and a Blender group, Im a member, you find a Gimp group to.

use the SL search to find them, ( control and F ) top of the search window change the tab to groups if you are looking for a Blender group or places if if are looking for blender support classes.

best to ask in a group for classes.

there are tutorials at Blender.org, and there a book to buy to support you if you got the cash.

hope that of help.

you will get lots of support from others that use Blender.

enjoy blendering

good luck

byee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.