bought item on mp and received nothing, anyway to get my linden back?

Hitoru05

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I purchased a full perm exclusive kit on MP and haven't received anything from the creator, all I got auto sent from the Marketplace was an empty box prim.  I tried messaging the creator and wrote a review with a promise to rewrite it if the problem was fixed.  I also sent them a notecard in case their ims get capped.  I'm waiting for them to reply to me by tomorrow before taking more direct action.  

Notes: The seller has a 7 year old account and lists a lot of stuff on the marketplace, I haven't seen any other reviews besides mine but since hte items are so highly priced I think they woulda received some flack already if customers were not receiving anything.

What I'm wondering is:

1. Can I possibly get my linden back from the purchase and how would I go about it?

2 answers to this question

I don't know how long ago you purchased your item, the creator may be out of town because last Thursday was a holiday in the US and a lot of people take vacation during this time to visit family.  So be a bit more patient if it hasn't been a week or longer.

If you don't hear any reply soon, taking into account the holiday, try to contact them one more time in case their messages got capped and they didn't get yours.  If you still don't get a reply about the most you can do is flag item as "Not as Advertised" on MP to have it removed.  You could also AR them for fraud.

You won't get your money back unless the person you bought it from refunds it.  LL will not refund money for any type of resident to resident transaction.  You will just be out of luck, unfortunately.

Honestly though, if the account is 7 years old and has a lot of MP listings, I would guess it was a mistake in that they thought they packed the box before sending it to market.  But I could be wrong too.

Someone with a 7 year old account should not be doing this.  The "empty box scam" is generally done by people using a new, "throw-away" account, and that's the clue that it's a scam...someone with a very new account is selling very expensive, very well made things.

But here's how it could be done.  A law-abiding resident with a long standing account falls victim to a phishing scam or gets their account compromised in some other way.  Now the criminal, let's call him Pirate X, takes over that account.

Now Pirate X uses the stolen account to set up a Marketplace store.  Maybe he even uses THEIR store, if they are a successful merchant.  He loads empty boxes into the store, and sits back to await his ill-gotten gains.

File an Abuse Report.  You might mention in the report that you suspect the account you are reporting may have been compromised.  There could be two victims here.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.