If I but a product on the Mp, and post a negative review, why is it flagged and marked

justyn Clawtooth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Ah, wait ..... I somehow misread the part of your post that said YOUR REVIEW was flagged. I thought you said that the ITEM was flagged. That would explain it. Anyone can flag a review if it violates the TOS or Listing Guidelines. Marketplace support staff will investigate and take necessary action. It sounds like the merchant or someone else read your review and flagged it. Linden Lab agreed that your review was inappropriate and then removed it and blocked you from reposting.

If your review was removed it was probably judged to be unfair or improper.  In other words blaming the product or creator for something totally beyond their control or posting something that is offensive, anti-competative, or out of revenge etc.  Some examples are

• Failed deliveries which is not the merchants fault but the MP not functioning right
  • Flaming the creator
  • Something the listing clearly stated but that you bought anyway.  Example complaining it is no mod when the listing specifically said it was no mod.
  • Other types of user errors such as complaining something didn't work when the only reason it didn't was you didn't read the instructions or didn't have enough SL skills to operate.
  • If you are a merchant and post something in a competitor's store that is clearly anti competative.

Anyone can flag a review, it wasn't necessarily the merchant.  I have also see reviews removed if enough people click the button indicating the review was not helpful.

When writing a review, particularly a negative one, leave emotions out of it and stick to the facts only and give specific legit reasons why you are rating it poorly.

It's not a matter of freedom of speech. If you post a negative review, anyone else has the right to flag your review if they believe that it violates the TOS or the Marketplace Listing Guidelines. Linden Lab then has to decide whether they are right. It is definitely their place to censor reviews. After all, the TOS and the Listing Guidelines are their rules about what you are allowed to post on their company's web site. If they decide that you have broken the rules, they remove your post.  You don't follow up.  You learn and don't break the rules next time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.