You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
New Resident
Audi Hax

Constantly a cloud. How to fix?

For the last two months, every time I log into second life, I'm a cloud. No matter how many times I TP or relog, I'm constantly a cloud. Nothing seems to fix it, no matter what I do. I have no idea why this has happened. Anyone have any ideas of how to fix??

Honored Resident
Oskuld Watanabe

Re: Constantly a cloud. How to fix?

Reply to Audi Hax - view message

Last time this happened to me I changed my body shape and skin and then reverted to my actual body/skin. Sorted it for me. YMMV.

Honored Resident
Rodrigo Gaelyth

Change your viewer to Emerald, probably in the one you're using you changed network configuration and it takes alot to download ur avi. No fix for that. Change your viewer. Cya and good luck(I've experimented the same as you).

Honored Resident
Kira Wolkenberg

No need to change, if in Viewer 2.0.1 and 2.1.0 you can adjust bandwidth to say 6000 to 10,000 kbps often helps...

If that doesn't help then you should try tp'ing to a another sim say a less populated sim... that seems to work for me most times.

If in the unlikely event neither of those work, then try Ctrl + Alt + R to rebake textures, if that doesn't work then check your bandwidth settings and relog. then that should fix it...

Though note, in Viewer 2.0.1 and 2.1.0 you have a longer download time for some of all the images that get downloaded. Although, for me, its not that long of a wait on initial rezz like 1 to 5 seconds generally depending on the number of avatars nearby.

Honored Resident
Kattgrl Timeless

You can also get into your Debug Settings in the Advanced Menu (either 1.23 or 2.0 have this) and find renderUnloadedAvatar.  Mark it as True.  You'll be ruthed, but at least you won't be a glowing cloud!

To get the Advanced menu: click Ctr/Alt/D.

"For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me." ~Winnie the Pooh
TC Short

The second reply in the thread is spam. He's copied word for word what the person above him wrote and then slipped in a link in the paragraph for jerseys.

Bored? Want to be more bored? Check out my blog Shorty's Ramblings