[solved] Distorted new mesh avis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I typed a post, but the preview "ate my post", so now im starting all over again (this time with a lot less comedy). For a couple days now I've noticed that a lot of new avis are all distorted and looking totally screwed up. They are either stretched out everywhere or had parts missing but lines and distortion going down through the ground. One such example: http://2thextreme.org/forum_images/sl/distorted.jpg

Originally I was using Singularity, but I decided to try the current LL viewer (3.7.8.289922). After a lot of troubleshooting (uninstalling, reinstalling, drive images, etc), I found that enabling "Advanced Lighting Model" under video preferences fixes the issue. Also after talking to a few people with this problem, we found this issue only affects those with ATI cards. This setting also fixes the problem in Singularity 1.8.5, as well as firestorm. So for any of you who are seeing a lot of new avis that are screwed up and distorted take a look in your graphics preferences and see if "Advanced Lighting Model" is enabled and give it a shot.

I have already opened a case with support making them aware of the issue, but doubt it would lead to anywhere.

There is a bug that causes this and there is a JIRA on it. I had posted a question similar to your. I always have Advance Lighting Model on so that didn't fix it for me. It seems to be seldom these days (when I didn't have a fitted mesh viewer it was of course BAD LOL.  It is apparently only on SOME mesh, not others. Glad it was an easy fix for you, but if you still see it now and then, know that THEY know and it may eventually get fixed. ATI cards have never been a top priority with The Lab :D.

What really confused me about the whole thing was that it started out of nowhere. Thursday was fine, Friday was fine, then suddenly Saturday the whole thing went FUBAR. I typically had advanced lighting turned off for an improvement in frame rate because I'm on a sim quite often (the Shelter, Isabel) that's particularly crowded and laggy. While trying to figure this thing out, I had the LL viewer, Singularity (1.8.0 & 1.8.5) and was running combinations between my main and my alt. It also appeared to only happen to some mesh avis, but mesh clothing was fine. It also made it more bizarre that it appeared to only be new avis this occurred to, and some wouldn't work, then would suddenly work. Good to know its only an isolated issue.

• 1 month later...

I just posted a question about this too, however, when turning on the advanced lighting model... it made it 100x worse! I have not been able to fix it or have anyone tell me a legitimate way to fix it. Its on both firestorm and singularity and extremely annoying!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.