problem keeping rendervolumeLODFactor settings with each login?!? please advise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Latest SL "beta" viewer.
win7

Ok...each and every time I login to SL my rendervolumeLODFactor keeps getting reset to 2.000 even when I've set it to 4.000

is anyone else having issues keeping settings with the latest beta viewer? Tonight I even noticed my antialising dropped from 8 to 4...

Kinda frustrating when you take photos everyday for a fashion blog right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

edited to add, someone told me to post in this forum as opposed to where i posted it earlier.

<V2 program directory>/settings.xml

search for RenderVolumeLODFactor, below it is a variable called persist, and bolow that there is an integer value... that value should be 1 for things that you want to be sticky.

or you can add it as a command line option in the link, adding

--RenderVolumeLODFactor 4.0

to the end of your program path in the link (see here for other tweaks you can do from there)

I do know where the setting is already, that isn't the problem actually. The problem arises after the setting is set to 4.0 and then when logging out and then logging back in it has reset itself to the default of the lower value. This has not happened before the past few weeks or so.

here is how i see it in the .xml file

<key>RenderVolumeLODFactor</key>
        <map>
        <key>Comment</key>
            <string>Controls level of detail of primitives (multiplier for current screen area when calculated level of detail)</string>
        <key>Type</key>
            <string>F32</string>
        <key>Value</key>
            <real>2</real>

what would i change?

I've found that recently updates have been resetting LOD to the default 2.0. Once you have the "show developer menu" options selected, open the viewer, go into debug and change the setting, close the viewer before logging in and it should stick. I know the viewer will not hold any settings changes if it crashes and I've gotten in the habit of changing all settings to where I like, then close to save, reopen and log in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.