linux 64bit and viewer(SL view-coolVL & singularity)media-webkit

lussy Bowler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi! sorry for my english,but i'm from italy,and i was study english only wen i was child..

i had a problem whit Coolvl viewer..in xubuntu13.10 32bit..on the sturt-up,an pop-up told me that media-webkit-plugin was failed..then i have solved..but i don't know...

two days ago i do the upgrade from 13.10 32bit..to 14.04 64(!) ..and i have now that problem!..but i don't know what i can do to solve.. (COOLvl viewer was write for 32bit..but x64cpu can work great whit i386application)i try to install all the gstream libraries..and some Qt libraries...  then the problem rest..

i try to install singularity viewer.. it work very well..but i have that problem(whitout popup message..)only can't play video media in streamig(only audio).. i try to install SLviewer...

but the problem are same (whit all the 3 viewer..)

back to 13.10 it's a stupid idea...and it's not sure that i can solve again..

somebody can help me please?? 

i have also disabled the firewall  ..sudo ufw disable... but the situation don't change!  it's possible to install quicktime from wine?   i think no..or it's a possible solution??

help me pleae....  sorry for my english :)

thanks.. i was try to subscrive to the coolVL forum.. but i think the forum don't work in that moment.. i will try tomorrow..and sure i will contact the developer..

thanks for the reply..

ahh..i've googled some.. and i see that the problem can be of gstreamer... bohh?? i've installed ALL the libraries of gstreamer and girl .. but don't work ..ever i can't play video media stream... i've try also to install quicktime whit wine..and also quicktime4linux from source code... nothing!!

sure I do as you say,and i will contact the developer.. bye...
I keep you informed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.