alpha outfit

SEMionOFF

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I have a problem.

When i wear outfit i cant see alpha channel of clothes on my avatar and other avatars.

I already try Singularity and Fireshtorm. Wired and wireless connection/ Nothing help.

Can u help ne? Tank you.

Is this momentary......the clothes appear after a few seconds?

Or is it persitant?

There seems to be a problem with worn objects taking several seconds to load that is winding up causing some inadvertant nudity in SL.

i make this screenshot in 10 minutes after log into this location(u can see all textures already loaded). At first time i saw girls outfit, then i ask her wear something with alpha layer then i kake this screenshot. and it was persistently

Looking at your screenshot again, I'm not sure other than this one thing.

Second Life is a real resource hog.  It tends to use more resources than any game or MMPORG.

I don't know how good your computer is but if I had that many other applications running at the same time It would slow SL down dramatically for me and I have a fairly decent computer.

So before going further I'd suggest running SL without anything else running first and eliminating that.  It's possible you are simply 'overloading' your computer.

If that is not the problem will take some deeper digging.

SEMionOFF wrote:

Hello, I have a problem.

When i wear outfit i cant see alpha channel of clothes on my avatar and other avatars.

I already try Singularity and Fireshtorm. Wired and wireless connection/ Nothing help.

Can u help ne? Tank you.

You're a little confused with your terminology. It isn't the alpha channel you're having trouble with - alpha channels are only used to make parts of avatars invisible and you're obviously seeing this just fine. What you aren't seeing are the mesh attachments these avatars are wearing, which is the reason why they've got alpha layers on in the first place. Not seeing mesh can be a symptom of unreliable internet access, a bad router or unwise settings in the viewer which can cause problems with the necessary HTTP connections.

See if any of this information is helpful:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/http_fetching_issues

thank u, but no solution has helped.

Today i try to launch viewer on my notebook at home(Radeon videocard and same network), but not seen mesh again. Then i tried to connect my desktop directly to internet(witout router), and it did not help too. I dont know what to do, but mesh clothes still makes me tranparent. This definitely something wrong with internet settings.

Looking at your Appearance window's "Wearing" tab's contents I can see that you are wearing (among other things) these:

• winter coat L
• winter coat M
• winter coat S
• winter coat XL
• winter coat XS

Why are you wearing all the five sizes of the winter coat? You are supposed to wear only one size - not all of them at the same time.

As you are wearing all the sizes it might be that your system gets overloaded with mesh data and none of the different coat sizes coats appear in view. So, wear only one size. First detach all of those coats. Then wear only one size and see what happens.

You are still confusing what makes part of your body invisible. It is not the winter coat, but it is the alpha mask - in your inventory it is the item named "winter coat Alpha". That makes your your body partly invisible in the areas defined by the alpha mask.

You can verify this wearing just the alpha mask (i.e. the "winter coat Alpha") and no winter coat. You should see part of your body invisible. Then remove the "winter coat Alpha" and wait until you can see your body. Then wear only one size of the winter coat. Now your body should not go partly invisible. If you see something different from this description then there something very wrong going on.

Anyway, the issue what you have here is that the winter coat when worn does not rez, thus you cannot see it. By the way, can you see the winter coat if instead of wearing it you rez it on ground (for example the "winter coat M)?

PS some ideas:
Your graphics card is quite ok. Have you updated the driver for it? If not, then it's worth a try.
What is your internet connection speed? Check it here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_speedtest
Have you tried does this non-rezzing issue happen in some other location too?

Of course you can see the effect of the alpha layer (or more correctly: alpha mask). What you cannot see is the winter mesh coat what you are wearing.

In your image the invisible body area is the effect of the alpha mask - it hides an area of the avatar, just like it should do. So alpha masks work ok in your viewer. The problem is with the mesh not loading. Nothing wrong with the alpha rendering.

Alpha-mask.jpg

This is really mysterious as your graphics card is ok and so is your connection speed. I'm out of ideas what's going on that the worn mesh is not loading for you.

PS.
Did you try to rez the winter coat on ground? And if so, did you see it?

One final suggestion what I can make is that you do a totally clean re-install of your viewer, wiping everything related to the viewer from your computer - the application, application settings, cache - really everything. After that, re-install.

Instructions here (if you didn't know):
http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_clean_reinstall 

Many problems are due that there are some older files from earlier installation which could mess things.
Therefore totally clean installation is very important.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.