What is better free on non-free driver - LL Viewer under Linux Fedora OS with AMD Video Card

Rstan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone! I set Fedora 20 to PC with AMD Video card. All works well by default after setting, but as seems to me, It becomes work worse than I used to be with proprietary driver before with Debian OS. The quality of image's colors and speed of moving objects became worse as seems to me.
I'm thinking about setting proprietary drvier from AMD, but I worry about problems after upgrading kernel in the future. Do I use free driver or non-free, what do you think about it?

$ lspci -v | grep VGA

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde PRO [Radeon HD 7750 / R7 250E] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

$ glxinfo | grep render

direct rendering: Yes

GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent, GLX_MESA_query_renderer,

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAPE VERDE

GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_depth_clamp,

GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_depth_clamp

• 4 weeks later...

Always opt for non-free drivers! Always!

AMD is famous for crappy drivers, that's why most Xers are using Nvidia exclusively.

Forget that Fedora/Red Hat crap and go for a decent distro. I highly recomend Manjaro. It features a particulary nice hardware management. Graphic drivers shouldn't be a problem to even spend any thoughts about.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.