Want to try a Third-Party viewer.....which one to try?

Arielle6768

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am a experienced member of SL...I'm currently in my third life here and was wanting to try using a third-party viewer. I have a Win7 system, more memory than it came with, and a willing to experiment with the unknown (at least to me :smileywink:)

Out of all the third-party viewers out there (these are the ones who are updated all the time), which ones would be the best one and the least hair pulling out one to try?

I'm looking for one that will have (at least) an easy learning curve so I don't have to wade through some sixty different support pages to find a simple solution to a problem or question that I might have.....

Any help from my fellow second lifers will be most helpful......:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Arielle6768

Firestorm has a huge user base, and most friends can help you. It is simple.. just start playing with it.

Singularity is very similar to firestorm but seems to use less memory and has been more reliable to me. It has sim management tools I can no longer live without. This interface is very much like the old Phoenix interface.

Hi Arielle, by stating you're on your 3rd life we stilll have no idea how old you actually are in SL. I mean some ppl manage to go thru accounts on high speed, for whatever reasons. But from your question and your igorance about TPVs I gather you can't be with SL for too long, else you'd know all these things.

Anyhoo, the most widely used TPV, Firestorm, gives you an quasi-Phoenix (V1) GUI as well as their usual V2 interface. Singularity otoh is a pure V1 viewer, a bit lighter, but still very capable with all the newest shinies of the SL world. It's often used by the active residents (bikers, sailors, racers, pilots, gamers) since it seems to give you a slightly better framerate.

I'm not familar with all the other TPVs but I guess they tend to follow either of the routes, using Sing and FS as blueprints.

Coby Foden wrote:

Orca Flotta wrote:

Anyhoo, the most widely used TPV, Firestorm, gives you an quasi-Phoenix (V1) GUI as well as their usual V2 interface.

Erm, wouldn't it be better to call it V3 interface (not V2, which was really horrible - IMO).

Oh yes, it would be. But since my experience with V2 and newer viewers didn't extend like half a day and I never cared about all that uncomfy stuff I stopped caring/counting. :matte-motes-nerdy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.