WHY IS EVERYTHING RUNNING SLOW?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nothing runs slow here!

Yes we do!

We do a restart in our computers!

Im sure all will be great if you do the same..

And of course, while runnng SL .. Fakebook has to be closed, same as Youtube and whatever else using your bandwith and RAM

I never had an issue in SL after the year 2010, when someone told me that when i am lagging, all i have to do is a restart to my PC

I  was having only 2G RAM .. and internet connection of 11 Mbps.

Of course, all that is general help.

You may cant move, because the parcel you are standing has occupied more than the 95% of its prims.. and thats bad!

Or because someone next to you wearing tons of scripts making the parcel full aswell.

Cheers, beets.

I don't see a problem. If you want actual help and aren't just venting, which no one wants to hear, provide some actual information.

What are your system specs?

What are the Viewer Stats showing? (Ctrl-Alt-1)

When did you see the slow down?

Were you aware SL is technically closed for an hour or so this morning (PDT) and it takes a couple of hours to recover from down time?

Was the problem in all regions or just one? Which ones?

Have you tested your connection to SL (not just the Internet)?

----

For the last two years I have been seeing increasingly less lag and faster region loading.

• 3 weeks later...

Help/About Second Life, 8-10 seconds? name clicking, same, this just astarted

(note i run a "nazi clean" machine with butter smoth play at maximum settings)

with current viewer (Second Life 3.7.10 (291042)), scaling stuff down even still is um, junk :S

this has never happened yet and i do infact believe the viewer has some big issues and could use a a fall back relaunch, and the scripting color UI change, as "flashy" as a Windows 8 "wall sticker" changing icons (iconic looks) sometimes does suck, LSL needs a "default or custom" color option, this new color scheme to it is LSL trying to be JS, it makes Zero sence and is a bad show of originality, hope they will iron out the junk, and fire the "explorers" soon and keep the vision, gla ... :S

(edit)

just put back version Second Life 3.7.9 (290582) (from main download page) and the LSL color UI options are back to normal without the color options, let's hope for the love of god they leave that alone and drop that, it was as good as going color blind :smileyembarrassed: lol

• Lindens

Energy Metaluna wrote:

Help/About Second Life, 8-10 seconds? name clicking, same, this just astarted

(note i run a "nazi clean" machine with butter smoth play at maximum settings)

with current viewer (Second Life 3.7.10 (291042)), scaling stuff down even still is um, junk

3.7.10.291042 is a release *candidate* viewer (project Snowstorm).  So if you are seeing problems, please grab a screenshot and file a Jira before it is promoted to release.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.