Viewer problem

Reiramon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sweety ---I have a few suggestions for you.....

1. OK go to your Develop menu-

from there...

Click CLEAR GROUP CACHE...

Then...

Go to your advanced menu CONTROL+ALT+D

find.....

SHOW DEBUG settings.....

NEXT....a small dialog box will come up....

type "unloaded" into the search of that dialog box....

u will get 2 options...

please select.... "render unloaded avatar...

Toggle it from false to TRUE (some times u still have it in TRUE already- TOGGLE it ANY WAYS from TRUE- to false- then back to TRUE 

After u do this.....let it load alittle bit....

(then relog)

------------

2. ALSO another solution is that your graphic card is out of date and u need to update it (u will need to restart your comp after)

-------

3. Another solution is that your inventory hasnt properly "fetched" yet (loaded)

If this is the case----

type in abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789 into your inventory.....and lot it "fetch" or load

-------

4. Go to your preferences...CONTROL+P

Go to your graphics tab>HARDWARE SETTINGS.....

Make sure:

►that your antiailising is OFF

►your open GL is ON

►your Streamed VBOs are ON

►enable lossy texture compression is OFF

NOW GO TO your NEXT TAB -(RENDERING TAB)

► make sure that RENDERING is ON

►then you will see....TEXTURE DETAILS LOADED- make sure its NORMAL QUALITY

-----

Ihope that help you-please let me know

**HUGS** 

p.s. i SUGGEST doig number 1 and 2 first....

Clearing cache was the last thing you wanted to do with this type of problem. A couple of years ago the SL Viewer cache was redone and now uses HTTP with error correction for downloading and an indexed cache system. This means there are seldom corrupt textures or a reason to clear cache.

Before the cache change cache corruption was common place and the first troubleshooting step was to clear the cache. Many people are still making troubleshooting recommendations based on the information from years ago. Now clearing cache is a last resort step. In most cases clearing the cache aggravates whatever problem one is trying to solve, completely counterproductive.

Having a ‘fast’ Internet connection does not mean you have a fast or good connection to the SL servers. The Internet is changing by the second. We are still in the process of changing from IPv4 to IPv6, which means routers the world over are being changed out. Plus we have now run into the 512k router problems. So, at any second your connection can go down the tube to useless. Fortunately, it usually recovers quickly, minutes or hours.

The problems you list come from two possible causes I can think of. Least likely is a poorly made or performing region. TP to other regions and if you still see the problem then you have eliminated that problem source.

Avatars not rendering are highly indicative of connection problems. While you may think you have a great connection and SpeedTest.net may indicate you have a fast, good connection, unless you test to an SL server you have no idea whether your connection to SL is any good.

If it is a connection problem, by clearing the cache you just made your problem worse. Now the viewer needs more data as it has to rebuild the cache and it has to pull it all through a messed up connection.

So, testing your connection to SL is the basic third step in troubleshooting. The second is trying a different viewer. If you normally use the standard SL Viewer from Linden Lab, try the Alchemy Viewer, it has the menu and panels UI that is most like the SL Viewer. If both viwers have the problem, then you pretty much know it is a connection problem.

Also, Alchemy uses its own cache and settings files, so you can have a clean install that is complete separate from the SL Viewer. No cross contamination…

To test your connection read: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Basic steps:

1.        TP to a new region – deserted and empty; Pooley, Furball, other empty regions
  2.        Try a different viewer
  3.        Check your connection to SL

While you are doing all this, time is passing. So, the connection may correct itself at any moment. Don’t just assume something you did fixed the problem if it vanishes.

Also, take off all your HUD's. You may be experiencing texture thrashing, exceeding the video ram you have available for rendering a scene. Texture thrashing usually only is seen in regions using lots of large textures. So, tp'ing to empty, deserted regions ususally resolves the location specific problem.

thank you Lishajoya..your #1 solution works! i just had to change skin and add alphas /ass everything was reset/.

Nalates: It was only my character that wouldnt load and the ground was blurry. Everyone else on the sim loaded just find plus I could walk normally without any rubber banding.

Anyways..problem solved - thank you both!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.