Viewer crashing after period of inactivity

Shelduck Sopwith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For about a month now (on firestorm), I usually stay logged in overnight when I fall asleep and everynight the viewer crashes. I have it set so that it should not log me out after period of inactivity. Has anyone else had this problem of being booted after being inactive for a period?  Thanks!

Yep, from the sounds of it I'm getting this too with the latest FS version. Never happened before, and I have always regularly left it logged in over night, or minimised while I work. Sometimes with more than one session (I use an alt to do development stuff, and my main for 'fun' at the same time).

Any time Firestorm is left minimised for a long period, it is freezing up. Can't say how long, I haven't timed it, but maybe an hour...

Most of the time FS becomes completely unresponsive. On clicking it, the window turns lighter (MS Windows is doing that I think, because FS is unresponsive) and I get the usual "this program is not responding" Windows message.

This can last for five minutes, by which time I've usually force-closed FS, or sometimes it will suddenly come back to life after a minute or so and I'm still logged in and everything is fine. Once (today in fact) after a few minutes of unresponsiveness I got the SL viewer message "You've been logged out of second life", but that is the first time for that.

I did of course do a proper clean install of this new version.

ETA: Less than an hour. I've just left two sessions running, minimised, for about 45 minutes and both have locked up. Both, however, finally responded again after about a minute.

My hard disks do not power down, btw, and I don't have any power saving features active, not even a screensaver, so it's not related to that.

I hae no idea what is going on with the FS viewer lately.I cant log in..and if i can i freeze to the point it logs me out. Constant freezes for inventory to load...blue screens....you name it. Now if i do get on after 10 times of trying to log in..my entire hard drive shuts down I know its the viewer as ive had my comp thoroughly checked and it only happens on FS.  surf the web etc with np. Ive resorted to Singularity..just crash whenever i tp... does anyone else have this problem with FS viewer?.....

Ty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.