Unable to hear Music Stream on Region - 8 year SL member

LillyBeth Filth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have added that info in the thread title so people dont send me links to the online support web page! lol

I have had the Textures R Us region for years, it's recently been converted to a homestead.

I have had the same music stream playing for years but since it was converted it no longer plays. I can hear music on other regions or at least I could a week ago. 

I know how to get the stream, in fact it's this one http://205.164.62.20:7010 and it's in the correct place - Land , Media etc but when I go to play it, on Firestorm viewer the little music symbol changes back to "off" 

I am confused and frustrated, I have had another person who has management access to the region check it and they said the stream works outside of SL but they could not hear it on the region either.

Is it a Second Life land issue or a viewer issue? 

Many thanks for any replies and advise :)

NadineB Bailey wrote:

Hi, the stream you posted is an AAC+ stream, thats not supported in SL..

You need the MP3 stream to work in SL.. in this case that's the right one

Can you point to the documentation for this.  My search skill failed me and I'd like to bookmark for future reference.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :)

I know that i have read it earlier in the old documentation (that's why i know it) but It seems it's missing in the new Wiki...

But Torley says it in the general Video Tutorial about Parcel Music (See below. Video starts at 3:36)

Of course for single Music files it's possible to play MP2, MP3 and OGG files (As the Wiki says)

But for Radio Streams there is only the MP3 format supported (So far).

Maybe a Linden can clarify why it's missing in the Wiki ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.