Unable to edit/move hair/worn prims but can on other viewers

Wastedyuthe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using the Mac version (and also Mac beta version has the same issue).  I wore a new hairstyle and edited it to move it into place on my head.  Then when i wore it again I realised it needed tweaking, but it wouldn't let me edit the hair anymore.  Edit is greyed out.  A friend of mine this morning wore a dress that had prims needing adjusting, and she said the same- she couldn't edit.  Yet she siad she could edit it easily on Phoenix.  Sure enough we then both ran Phoenix and were able to edit with no hassle.

Is this a bug with v2/beta? or is there a setting somewhere i've missed?

Thanks.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste in your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of the question post.

There is no setting that changes you ability to edit prims attached to the avatar, AFAIK.

I often see a lag in the EDIT ability going live, verses grayed out. So, the viewer is looking something up. I suspect that look up is the problem. It would seem yours is lagging way bad.

I have also had problems with attachments as I switch back and forth between Firestorm and SL Viewer 3. I am guessing there is some minor incompatibility in attachment points. My recommendation is you change clothes and attachments in only one or the other.

As a fix, you might try opeinging the Appearance Panel and removing the item. Then wear it again. On the few occassions I have not been able to edit an attachment or detach it via a click on it in the viewer, I could solve the problem by using the appearane or invenotry panels.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.