Trouble logging in - stuck at "region handshake"

CadenzaInVivace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I'm having major trouble logging into SL. I was only able to log in after restarting router, but after an hour or so it begins to get stuck at "waiting for region handshake" then throws the error "we're having trouble connecting. There may be a problem with your internet connection or SL grid" (but if I'm already logged in I don't disconnect). It will successfully log me in if I choose a safe hub as the login destination (cyclops, aqua, etc), but choosing any other region as the login location will always fail. Tried clearing cache as well and it only worked for an hour or so then starts failing again.

If this is TODAY, then there are "issues".

The viewer lost my Home setting and kept taking me to a safe hub when the sim I live in was completely accessible if you just TPed. I also had a major freezing crash with my video card not responding (this hasn't happened in weeks). The kitties went all crazy and had to be reset. And I was only in world for a short time today :D.

So I am guessing our latest server codes didn't pan out as they might have. If this is a several days issue, then that is another story.

I talked to other folks having strange issues today. It happens. Tomorrow may be fine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.