Taking snapshots

Cyann Ornitz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm running the latest official viewer and it seems all the neat features that helped taking nice snapshots are gone.

Earlier I used full screen freeze and this really freezed the world. I could move my camera around to find nice angle to compose a shot and everything in world would stay still until I closed the snapshot window. Now this does not seem to be possible any longer. It really makes composing shots so much more difficult, specially if you want to catch a more action packed scene.

When I move the camera now there seems to be some white line at top of the screen and few pixels that seem to be moving around. Is there any way to move this line down?

Cyann Ornitz wrote:

When I move the camera now there seems to be some white line at top of the screen and few pixels that seem to be moving around. Is there any way to move this line down?

Yes there is a white line at the top of the screen when you enable the freeze frame, but that line does not come to the snapshot. (Naturally the white line appears in the snapshot if you have selected "Interface"). When I move the camera I don't see "few pixels" moving around. As far as I can see the freeze frame works the way it has worked always.

I checked the freeze frame functionality in: Second Life 3.7.15 (293376)

I just did a comparison between latest LL viewer and latest FS.

Firestorm, graphics settings at ultra and when you do freeze frame and move the camera it is smooth as glass.

LL viewer even after turning graphics down to Low when you drag the mouse to change the camera position the screen freezes for a second or so. Horrible. 

Anyone else getting the same?

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

I just did a comparison between latest LL viewer and latest FS.

Firestorm, graphics settings at ultra and when you do freeze frame and move the camera it is smooth as glass.

LL viewer even after turning graphics down to Low when you drag the mouse to change the camera position the screen freezes for a second or so. Horrible. 

Anyone else getting the same?

I only see that if "Auto-refresh" is also turned on during freeze-frame, or possibly if "Auto-refresh" was turned on at some point in that session. If I don't use "Auto-refresh" when I'm doing a freeze frame it works fine.

ETA similar problems happen when I have one of the filters selected when using freeze-frame.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.