Strange symptoms. Does the size of my inventory affect viewer performance?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have recently been experiencing strange symptoms while using viewer 2. I find it difficult to move around and and stepping off the slightest edge, such as going down stairs, cause the falling animation to play. Also, clicking on folders in my inventory cause a one second delay before their content is displayed.

After noticing these , I progressed through a number of attempts to solve this. I have cleared my cache. I have uninstalled all LL viewers, and tried new, clean installs on both a PC and an iMac. The symptoms persist when using either machine.

My inventory has exceeded 18,000 items in size. Can a large inventory count adversely affect viewer 2 performance?

An inventory at that size is actually not what most would consider large and should have no impact on performance other than loading your inventory when you clean your cache.

That sounds more like a network issue.

I would reset my modem and router first and try to get a new route.  After that, make sure all background applications that are running that not need to be (Virus Scans, etc) and change your graphics settings to a lower setting.

And of course the most obvious which I didn't include would be the performance of the sim you are one but I assume you have gone to other sims and have seen the same issues.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.