Sorry about this.. (Will this computer play Second Life)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know I posted a few days ago, asking if a particular computer would run Second Life, but now I have to get another computer and I was wondering if this one will play it. 

ProcessorIntel Core i5-2410
- 2.3 GHz Clock Speed
- 3MB Cache memory
- Dual core
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
RAM4GB, DDR3, maximum expandable memory 4GB
Graphics cardnVidia Geforce GT540

should run it just fine. GT540 is about on par with a Geforce 8800gs or a GT240. It might not run SL in ultra with shadows on and stuff, but with some graphics tweaking it should run SL fine. You might consider turning the aero theme off in windows and scaling back some other stuff as well. This might help free up some of your gpu for SL.

Assuming since it has the GT540 its a laptop. My opinion is laptops will never run as well a desktop with the same specs so if you are getting a laptop get the best you can afford at the time because it will quickly become out of date with no real options to upgrade.

But that system is probably on par or better than what some of the people working at lindens labs use so it should work. Just don't try to use Kristens viewer and max it out the graphics lol.

• 3 months later...

I an going to buy a new computer soon, but im not really sure for what i shoule be looking for to get my Second life to run like a charm. I am thinking of buy a this one:

HP 6200 PRO XY101EA: Windows® 7 Professional, Intel® Core™ i5-2400, 3,10 GHz, Intel® Q65 Express, 1x 2 GB, DDR3, 1066 MHz, Intel® HD 2000, SATA 500 GB, DVD±RW DL Light scribe, 10/100/1000 Mbit, Small Form Factor, 240 W, PS/2 Optical Mouse, PS/2 Standard Keyboard.

I would apriciate if someone would tell me if thats' a goof compononet to have second life in its all glory, and to especially have shadows, bumps, and to run it on high perfomance.

Thank you in advance.

Snow Wolfhunter wrote:

I an going to buy a new computer soon, but im not really sure for what i shoule be looking for to get my Second life to run like a charm. I am thinking of buy a this one:

HP 6200 PRO XY101EA: Windows® 7 Professional, Intel® Core™ i5-2400, 3,10 GHz, Intel® Q65 Express, 1x 2 GB, DDR3, 1066 MHz, Intel® HD 2000, SATA 500 GB, DVD±RW DL Light scribe, 10/100/1000 Mbit, Small Form Factor, 240 W, PS/2 Optical Mouse, PS/2 Standard Keyboard.

I would apriciate if someone would tell me if thats' a goof compononet to have second life in its all glory, and to especially have shadows, bumps, and to run it on high perfomance.

Thank you in advance.

You need to get a separate video card - Intel integrated graphics are basically useless for any serious 3D graphics. That computer also only has a 240 watt power supply which will be inadequate for a video card powerful enough to run with shadows on. To tell you the truth, if running SL with shadows on is really important to you you're probably going to have to look for a completely different computer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.