Something is acting up

Kurenai Ishnoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I googled the issue but I only find solutions for Windows, and I am using an Imac.

Ever since I put on another outfit without changing anything, my client was getting bugged. I would see my eyes trough my cheeks (I use a mesh avi) while others saw me fine. Relogging didn't help.

Eventually since I hadn't logged in for half a year I decided to have a clean reinstall. I checked how to do this and reinstalled the Firestorm client and the original Second Life client.

Now my avatar looks alright but if I play any other than as low quality as possible, I crash. Also when I hold alt + click to cam around, my camera goes inside the object.

When I right click an avatar then I have to hold my mouse or it will automatically click the top option.

When I go into mouselook my camera shoots up and I can't scroll back out. I have to press ESC to leave mouselook.

It sounds as if it is my mouse acting up, but I only have these problems in Second Life. It doesn't matter which client I use and I have already done a clean re install.

I would really appreciate any tips or suggestions because although I can still play SL now it is weird that I am so limited while a few days ago I could zoom around with no trouble and play on almost max quality.

Thanks in advance!

Kurenai Ishnoo wrote:

Ever since I put on another outfit without changing any
thing, my client was getting bugged. I would see my eyes trough my cheeks (I use a mesh avi) while others saw me fine. Relogging didn't help.

Did you change your outfit using the latest release of the Linden Lab viewer?

There is a nasty bug on that viewer which will distort your avatar when you add or remove any rigged mesh with joint offsets. If this happens, a relog will fix it - see BUG-6197 and BUG-6439

If this happened when changing outfit on Firestorm, then it isnt the above bug, Firestorm didnt pick this bug up yet.

Regarding the wonky right click behaviour - are you playing in full screen mode? On Firestorm there is  aknown peoblem on Mac when in fullscreen when using the pie menu and right clicking. You can either disable fullscreen mode or switch to using the context menu.

Your right click symptoms and the mouselook symptoms could also be caused by having a non default DPI set for your monitor. Are you using a Retina monitor?

Regarding the crashing - are you crashing whenever basic shaders are enabled in graphics preferences?

Best thing to do for the crash is to file a JIRA issue and give your crash logs.

Linden Lab JIRA: How to report a bug - Second Life

Firestorm JIRA: file_a_jira [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki]

Can you paste all your system information from Help -> About Secondlife or Help -> About Firestorm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.