Second viewer and backtrack

MatthewBelcher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have installed the second life viewer in backtrack but every time i try to open to open it.... NOTHING :S it installed fine got it in menu and everything, looks like it's going to start up but don't do anything i tryed looking around for help but nothing even had a look at the wiki ;)

Never heard of BackTrack  and know very little about Linux but anyway I googled it.

The web site says  that it  "is a Linux-based penetration testing arsenal that aids security professionals in the ability to perform assessments in a purely native environment dedicated to hacking."

and

"Note: BackTrack Linux is no longer being maintained."

So I wouldn't think that it is the ideal gaming platform.

Aside from that if you want help with a technical problem how about giving up some information about your system; cpu, memory, graphics card and such.

Pretty much every "real" desktop Linux should be perfect for running SL on, Matthew. I personally tried Mint and am now on Manjaro, many ppl are using *buntu and I know a girl from UK which is on SuSE. Prolly BackTrack is  indeed not the best platform for plying games from.

thanks guy's, i tryed it in the terminal but noting it try's to open the prgram :S

my harware is up to date i did have window's before and i have had second life running on a emachines desktop and thats an old compter :) lol

if i dont get it working in backtrack, Could i edit the viewer and use it on my server and access it via browser ?

i tryed it in the terminal but noting it try's to open the prgram

Those words do not a sentence make. I'm not playing grammar nazi here, but allowing for misspelling and random apostrophes, there's still just no sense to be made of that text. If you want more help, you'll likely have better results quoting what you typed to the command prompt and what output the program generated in response.

if i dont get it working in backtrack, Could i edit the viewer and use it on my server and access it via browser ?

The viewer is not an in-browser program, so I don't know what this means either. Maybe you could get it to work with something like Splashtop streamer running on your server and the Splashtop client on another machine's display, but that's going to involve a lot more configuration (and a display-capable server, at least), so at some point, if you have reasonable internet connectivity and a decent Android device, it may be more cost-effective and a better experience to just use OnLive's SL Go

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.