Problems when I try to "sit"

Aeryckah Seifert

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please allow me to apologize if this issue already has a thread (I did not see one)....

When I try to right click --> "sit here", I typically get thrown to a corner of the sim where I am stuck until the game decides to put me back where I previously was. The same problem arises when I try to stand after being able to finally sit on said object. No one else seems to see this happen, I've been told that I appear to be there and sitting normally the entire time.

Also, items that it seems I should be able to just "touch" to sit on, do not do anything when touched...these are usually the objects that "throw" me.

I have had this happen with the regular SL viewer (3.7.18.295539) and with Firestorm (4.6.7.42398). It was also happening with my previous version of the SL viewer (3.7.17.294959 or 3.7.18.295372, I'm not sure which)

Ya, sounds like a connectivity/hardware issue.

Please copypaste your specs to this thread, so we can try to help you better.

Open your viewer, no need to log in --> upper menu bar click on Help --> About [your viewer] --> copy the whole text in window --> paste it in this thread.

Mine looks like so:

Singularity Viewer (64 bit) 1.8.6 (6194) Sep 10 2014 09:54:16 (Singularity Alpha)
Release Notes

Grid: Second Life

Built with GCC version 40405

CPU: Intel® Core i5 CPU         650  @ 3.20GHz (1197 MHz)
Memory: 7980 MB
OS Version: Linux 3.14.21-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 11 09:28:11 UTC 2014 x86_64
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 304.123
RLV Version: (disabled)

Viewer SSE Version: SSE2
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/1.0.0g zlib/1.2.6 c-ares/1.7.5 libidn/1.29
J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.5.2
Audio Driver Version: (none)
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)

Results vary so yours will most probably look totally different :smileyhappy:

Having a good Internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to the SL servers. Check your connection using this information. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

The servers send information about your avatar and its interaction with the region. It sounds like the packets with positional information are getting lost or corrupted.

Another things to try is the HTTP Project Viewer. It will move more of the data transfer to a new style HTTP pipeline. That will reduce the load on the SL servers and the UDP protocol channel. All the update information flows through the UDP connection. Hopefully this will improve your experience.

Also turn your Max Bandwidth (Preferences->Setup) down to the 500. This setting only affects UDP. It will tell the server to send the data at a slower pace and hopefully loose fewer packets. You can experiement with this setting to see what works best for you. The value should be 1,500 or 80% of your measured (SpeedTest.net - find an SL server in Help->About... Geo-locate it and test to that city) max download speed, whichever is smaller.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.