Problems installing latest update to SL Viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everydody, I'm having a problem when I try and install the latest update, it dowloads the data but before the installation completes there's an error message from which the only way to leave is to use the abort button. I can still log on with Firestorm but I've got used to the features on SL Viewer and would ideally like to continue using it. I have tried unistalling and re-installing it but the same problem occurs with the update.

I was wondering if anyone knew what was causing this and if there is a solution? Thanks for taking the time to read this and any feedback would be much appreciated.

Neil

Hi, this is a problem that has already been discussed in this forum. I have had it as well and it seems to be one of these things that no one at the Lab is looking into...

What you need to do: Do a total uninstall of Second Life from your PC. Then download the newest version from the website and install it. The problem should be gone. But for me, every 3-6 updates, it comes back...

NEVER press on ignore/skip during an update when files are missing. Second Life viewer might become unstable and start crashing. I had that problem...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I just had similar issues and had to remove the viewer and do a clean install. The first strange thing was that it triggered the update half way through loading my avatar in world, rather than before reaching the login screen. After that it was doing the "abort, retry, ignore" for files it seemed unable to update, one of which was the crash log file.

On an uninstall, the uninstaller was picking up added files it didnt recognise in the folder, which presumably was the failed attempt at the update.

Clean install seemed to have no issues, though i note the recent change to the group messages box has been reverted back to the old style.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.