Pasting Objects in the My Outfit folder results in Links only...

Minareth Irata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess this has been a recent change, as I don't recall this behavior having always been there. But it seems lately that when trying to paste an Object into the My Outfit folder, it'll result in pasting a link to it, instead of an actual copy of the Object... Dragging something to this folder gets blocked and only rezzing something out of this folder and then using the Take option will actually put a copy of the Object in it.

Linden Research, this feature is annoying beyond measure and is not handy at all, it just takes away control over one's Inventory. I always make my outfits manually as nine out of ten times, this feature already works problematic and I really dislike Links as I want to be able to make different versions of the same Object sometimes. Perhaps there is a good reason for it for the less technical folks but please give other Residents the option to not be forced to use Links in this folder?

I remember Links were only made if the Object that was was being copied had the No Copy flag, what's wrong with that? This I'd say is just bad 'innovation'. :matte-motes-mad:

Minareth Irata wrote:

I guess this has been a recent change, as I don't recall this behavior having always been there. But it seems lately that when trying to paste an Object into the My Outfit folder, it'll result in pasting a link to it, instead of an actual copy of the Object... Dragging something to this folder gets blocked and only rezzing something out of this folder and then using the Take option will actually put a copy of the Object in it.

Linden Research, this feature is annoying beyond measure and is not handy at all, it just takes away control over one's Inventory. I always make my outfits manually as nine out of ten times, this feature already works problematic and I really dislike Links as I want to be able to make different versions of the same Object sometimes. Perhaps there is a good reason for it for the less technical folks but please give other Residents the option to not be forced to use Links in this folder?

I remember Links were only made if the Object that was was being copied had the No Copy flag, what's wrong with that? This I'd say is just bad 'innovation'. :matte-motes-mad:

Make a second folder called Outfits and create them there.. it is only in the LL folder that links will be made.

Personally i like the links.

Minareth Irata wrote:

I'm not understanding your complaint.

Everything in the Outfits Folder has always pasted as a link to the item as it exists elsewhere in your inventory.  That's how it has always worked.

Unless my memory is completey gone.

Everybody is right... The Outfits folder has always been links only. 

The only recent change I know of is folders within Outfits can no longer be drag-dropped into folders we make. While we can still make folders and sub folders within the My Outfits folder, we can no longer drag outfits into them.

I used to organize my outfits in My Outfits in invenotry. But, I gave it up as the folders did not show in the Outfits Panel.

yes, it is a recent change with the last maintenance patch set.

subfolders and other direct copies were not really supposed to work under Outfits before, but a filter was not checking this properly and they were let through. in some cases this could cause the viewer to crash, so the behavior was changed to work as originally intended.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.