Paralyzed in a cloud

Robin23 Dagostino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For weeks already I have been unable to use SL (official viewer). I can login but then I seem to be in a vapor cloud forever until it logs me out.

If it does not log me out -or while I am logged in- I can turn the view 360 degrees but actual movement (left, right, foward, backward, flying) is disabled. My avi remains motionless other than being able to turn.

Syo is right. This problem isn normally a connection issue. That it happens with only one viewer is curious.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection between the computer and gateway and/or between the gateway and ISP. T-Mobile and other ISP’s use a wireless system to connect to you.

Without information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

While you may have a good Internet connection that does not mean you have a good connection to the SL servers. Rad through this troubleshooter to figure out if you have a connection problem. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Depending on where you are located you may be running into 512k problems. http://blog.nalates.net/2014/08/18/512k-internet-slow-down/ 

Explaining how the SL Viewer works in comparison to another brand may help us figure what's wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem. The only fix is clearing cache and rebooting. Every time I relog without doing that, I freeze. I can't interact with anything and I can't IM back to people. It's been going on for weeks now, no mater what sim I'm in, no matter what outfit I have on and my connection is just FINE.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.