Loki Eliot
Topics: 113
Blog Posts: 0

OSX Mavericks - Anyone tested SL the dev version yet?

As the SL viewer goes through another rocky period of major instability as new features are added, and Firestorm has trouble keeping up to date, i sudden wondered if any Mac SL Users had tried the current viewers on the next big OSX update mavericks.

Everytime Apple updates OSX Linden Lab have  state that SL does not support the new OS. So has anyone got the OSX MAvericks developer beta and have they tested Sl on it yet?

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure."."
— Mark Twain
Resident
Fujitsu1522

Re: OSX Mavericks - Anyone tested SL the dev version yet?

Reply to Loki Eliot - view message

Installation went ok i think, so far i can only see apps, the detail there's no new look, i'm going to have to check this, if his is the update, it's a thumbs down from me, i thought there would be a full look change, anyway SL, omg it's got a serious graphics problem, its banding not usable....

Rusalka Writer

Reply to Fujitsu1522 - view message

Could you mention what computer you're using (and which graphics card, if possible). I am eager to upgrade, but don't want to walk into the fan blades. Mahalo!

R

[ Edited ]

Reply to Rusalka Writer - view message

I'm on a 2012 iMac 27 (quad Core i7, nVidia GTX 680MX).

SLV, Firestorm and Singularity all work.

I enabled anti-aliasing. Why is Snugs still here?
Please give generously to the McMasters Institute for the Advancement of Harmless Flirtation™.
Rusalka Writer

Reply to Madelaine McMasters - view message

Ooooh, I'm getting more excited to upgrade. I'm on a year-old MacBook Pro _and_ I'm an optimist...

Mahalo!

R

Ash Qin

> As the SL viewer goes through another rocky period of major instability as new features are added, and Firestorm has trouble keeping up to date, i sudden wondered if any Mac SL Users had tried the current viewers on the next big OSX update mavericks.

Yes.

> So has anyone got the OSX MAvericks developer beta and have they tested Sl on it yet?

No, I tested it on the release version instead of using a beta.

Resident
Dario Waddington

Reply to Ash Qin - view message

I did the upgrade and now with firestorm i've lost music and videos. With SL viewer only work music, and i hear only audio with videos. I have a late 2012 Imac

:smileysad:

Pussycat Catnap
Topics: 66

[ Edited ]

Reply to Ash Qin - view message

Ash Qin wrote:

> So has anyone got the OSX MAvericks developer beta and have they tested Sl on it yet?

No, I tested it on the release version instead of using a beta.

And...?

You tested it, but how did it go?

Things work or not work?

I rememver nightmares with the last OSX version... so I'm hesitant to upgrade it. 

late-year 2011 iMac here (after the upgrade iMac got that year).

Video in SL hasn't worked for me for a long time now... Flash verion incompatability, and SL on Mac seems to require it run through Flash rather than Quicktime...

Proportionate Shapes for Standard Sizes - best of both worlds. | Zion Kitty (store) inworld
The gift of Jah is eternal life. - Romans 6:23
Equal Rights and Justice, these are not just words but great and noble conceptions. No prejudice, no discrimination.
Getting started in Second Life | Getting good Body Proportions in SL | Rasta Music | Gallery
Rusalka Writer

Just upgraded. Blender 2.46 (call me old-fashioned) is working fine. Firefox is working fine. If anything, in a brief in-world, motion seemed much smoother. Of course, it is a low-demand time of night on a low-demand day. But I shall be able to carry on with all business activities. My major worries are over. I finally pulled the trigger because I heard it might help my MacBook Pro (Aug, 2012, solid-state memory) run cooler. With SL and Blender often open at the same time, that definitely appealed!

I shall report further discoveries as they are made!

Resident
DahliDream

Re: SOX Mavericks - Anyone tested SL the dev version yet?

Yay,think i found the right person to help me :smileyvery-happy:,I just updated SOX Mavericks,downloaded a viewer,firestorm release 4.2.,as the last beta one I can't download it,but don't let me open it,and I remember time ago,when I started using Macintosh I needed some setting to do to work,on terminal,can you help me on this regard?¿thanks.