Newest viewer version keeps crashing

Sofiee Aiten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I usd to play second life on a desktop and I had viewer 2 and a older version an it worked fine. I uninstalled it from the desktop about two months ago and now when I reinstalled to version 3.1 it crashes all Of the time and when I set the graphics to mid it is SUPER laggy. I tried firestorm and Phoenix viewers but those aren't working out either. What should I do? Or where can I get a older version of viewer 2?

Is it because I just reinstalled second life?

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card.

Also check your internet connection. If you are on a wireless connection, cable would be better. Reset your modem.

Full information about all the viewers available for you to choose from are over on the wiki ...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

Im also getting an Error witht he latest Second Life Update Viewer, I updated from 280.26 to 285.62.

Either one of the updates works, because when i start SL, i click log in, and the moment its about to, i get a black screen for a few seconds, then i get a Nvidia OpenGL Crash, stating Error Code 7... **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif" border="0" alt=":smileysad:" title="Smiley Sad" />

Edit: I also tried bringing the Graphic Settings from Ultra ( which i've always used without problems before the update) and i brought it down to Low, SL started right up! wtf... so i went into the settings while in SL, and changed it back to Ultra with all High, and SL is still playable without any crashes or nothing.

Then i went, and Restarted SL with the settings in Ultra to see if i get the error which crashes SL once again.. and try to start it like this again, i get the error once more... well i though it was an Nvidia Problem.. but it seems to be just that Second Life Needs some OpenGL updates to 4.2? only way to get to SL at the moment, is Brining the graphic settings to LOW, then bring it to Ultra while the viewer has launched... apperently darn it, doing the change from Low to Ultra, or any of them,  brings me to a new error+crash Error Code 8

Also went trying to send the Report of Crash Logger, it crashes! It says " Win_crash_logger.exe stopped working"

Hello Kikoshi! I had a problem with LL Viewer 3.1 crashing and giving me an error 7 screen. Did it look something like this?

Error Code 7.jpg

The only way I could log in again was to either disable the shaders or else to uninstall the latest drivers, run DriverSweeper and then do a clean install with an earlier version of the Nvidia drivers. I used Version 270.61 and was able to login OK. It took alot of faffing around and several reboots but it seems to have solved the problem.

BTW, the crash logger has been broken for a very long time. Just close it. It'll save you time and agony.

This is exactly the problem Alien, every other game that i have even minecraft which is OGL boots up normaly and runs good, even Rage Which is a complete OpenGL Egine.. no errors.. so SL needs to update their OpenGL Library to favor the new changes made to 4.2, but you're right, only way to log in is lowering the graphic settings to Low, then when im logged in, bring it back to where ihad it prior to booting with the error, thank you for the info Alien Sun! Never really used Drive Sweeper :)

btw- another board gaved me this link http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/davep_shining-fixes/rev/243874/index.html and it has the problem solved :D try it iout.

• 2 years later...

My god you are so dumb as hell

1. usualy people with good video cards tend to keep there card up to date and 2. OBVIOUSLY our internet connection is fine how are we here if it wasent?

3. choosing anoher viewer wont solve Open gl lost connection issue.

4. this issue is with the driver it self losing connection and this seems to affect modern video cards and BTW our cards are working and 5. its being caused by Basic Shaders just turn that off and it may fix ur crashing like it did mine

Apollosmile wrote:

1. usualy people with good video cards tend to keep there card up to date and 2. OBVIOUSLY our internet connection is fine how are we here if it wasent?

4. this issue is with the driver it self losing connection and this seems to affect modern video cards and BTW our cards are working and 5. its being caused by Basic Shaders just turn that off and it may fix ur crashing like it did mine

Speaking of "dumb as hell" - this thread was last active in November, 2011.

Thanks. But you are wrong. There are plenty of people who purchase the most expensive computers with the best graphics cards, and yet they don't know about basic maintenance, just like there are people who buy cars to drive them, and don't give a stuff about checking oil, tyre pressure, etc., etc.

But if you wish to be insulting, carry on.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Apollosmile wrote:

Is hell dumb?

:matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Apollosmile wrote:

Is hell dumb?

Doubt it. Mark Twain (no dummy himself) said, "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company".

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Apollosmile wrote:

Is hell dumb?

Doubt it. Mark Twain (no dummy himself) said, "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company".

And didn't someone once write a book entitled "Hell is a City"?  I never heard of a city being dumb either.

Oh how jolly marvellous! Great find, Maddie. :D

I actually didn't realise it was a movie also. I remember the book being on the bookshelf in my parents home when I was a small child in the 1960s.

Edited to add:

And the city is Manchester! Must have been my mother's book then. She was in the Manchester city police force until she got married in 1956.  What a nostalgia trip.

Marigold Devin wrote:

And the city is Manchester! Must have been my mother's book then. She was in the Manchester city police force until she got married in 1956.  What a nostalgia trip.

Good grief, your Mom was a cop?! I'm trying to imagine what that was like. Either you had a miserable childhood with the law constantly watching you, or you routinely got away with "murder" because she'd seen far worse than you'd ever do.

And all those childhood breakfasts of donuts and coffee!

... swoons.

;-)

Marigold Devin wrote:

Good grief, your Mom was a cop?! I'm trying to imagine what that was like. Either you had a miserable childhood with the law constantly watching you, or you routinely got away with "murder" because she'd seen far worse than you'd ever do.

And all those childhood breakfasts of donuts and coffee!

... swoons.

;-)

She'd stopped being a cop by the time I was born, but she made headline news locally when she married my father and they reported it as "PC ________ made her final arrest ... "  However, the tales she told me, about Moss Side (prostitutes, guns, drugs), going into work and finding a weeping explosive in the drawer (!!) surely made my naturally curly hair bang straight.

I never got away with anything :(

Nobody ever stops being a cop. That's why you never got away with anything. Poor baby!

I love "her final arrest"!

Aye, you're right. She was always very suspicious of everyone and everything, right to the end. No wonder she drove my dad to the drink :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

• 1 year later...

Vejo sua resposta em 01/09/2015 e vejo que a LL ainda não arrumo o erro pois isso acontece comigo neste ano ja se passaram 4 anos e ainda não foi sucesso para LL , como diz o velho amigo  muitos estão comprando computadores caros e placa de video cara mais o erros ainda iram continuar  =)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.