New Laptop Transfer Inventory?

banishedfox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey Guys,

I've just got a new laptop as my old ones started doing strange things - I've still got to install SL on later today but was wondering what will happen about my inventory?

Will it carry over (get downloaded from SL when I sign in on the new device) or will I have to redownload stuff manually (and for that matter will it work if I just find the source files and move them over - still logging in with same user name etc)

Welcome to Second Life Forums, banishedfox

Mr Braveheart is absolutely correct with his reply.

I just want to know what is going to happen to your old laptop(s)? Do you just pile them up in the corner of the room when they start doing strange things?  Most laptops/computers seem to do strange things from time to time. Ensure you follow through with regular maintenance to minimise them. Check drivers are up to date.  And if you want specific assistance regarding how Second Life runs on any of your machinery, please put forward the computer's specifications, and you will get more specific help, ie amount of RAM, graphics card type.

Shame to bin a lappy and purchase a new one if the old one is actually serviceable but just needs a bit of a clean or a tweak in some way.

Nah I just didnt like the background image so had to get a new machine...! (jk ;) )

Its a pretty old machine so hardly runs anything anymore, I'm keeping it around for internet browsing and stuff though.

Thanks very much for the replies guys :)

banishedfox wrote:

Nah I just didnt like the background image so had to get a new machine...! (jk
;)
)

Its a pretty old machine so hardly runs anything anymore, I'm keeping it around for internet browsing and stuff though.

Thanks very much for the replies guys
:)

LOL

Some people collect wives like toby jugs, others laptops and TV sets in neat little piles - to each their own ;) ;) ;) :matte-motes-agape::matte-motes-wink-tongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.