Need information about copy bots

EricPrince811

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was using one of the viewers to see of any building benefits or tools that could help me. I noticed it had some spam tools which was to be expected because trolling is so common on second life. However I was looking through wiki about second life and I saw no article about copy bots being bannable but only for copyrighted material. So if anyone has information about linden labs banneding people instantly for copy bots I need to know why. I want to be sure that If I can use one for the extra tools and not get banned for auto assumption I am going to steal work or something.

EricPrince811 wrote:

I was using one of the viewers to see of any building benefits or tools that could help me. I noticed it had some spam tools which was to be expected because trolling is so common on second life. However I was looking through wiki about second life and I saw no article about copy bots being bannable but only for copyrighted material. So if anyone has information about linden labs banneding people instantly for copy bots I need to know why. I want to be sure that If I can use one for the extra tools and not get banned for auto assumption I am going to steal work or something.

"Any access to or use of Second Life through a software client other than the Linden Software that logs into the Servers (referred to as a "Third-Party Viewer") is subject to these Terms of Service and the terms of the Policy on Third-Party Viewers. The Policy on Third-Party Viewers provides required and prohibited functionality for Third-Party Viewers as well as other terms for those who use, develop, or distribute Third-Party Viewers; however, Linden Lab offers and supports Second Life only as offered by Linden Lab and is not obligated to allow access to or use of Second Life by any software or means not provided by Linden Lab. You understand and agree that Linden Lab is not responsible or liable for any aspect of the Service that is accessed or experienced using software or other means not provided by Linden Lab."  (my bolding)

TOS 2.7

Using a client that does not comply with the standards set for TPV's is a bannable offense. 

And a word of advise, don't play with fire.  Most of the illegal viewers come complete with key loggers.  There have been many people who had rude awakenings on this.

thank you for showing me this. I took a glance and saw that everything about that viewer I was using could have risked me getting banned. I am glad I asked sooner about this issue. However i would like to know of a viewer that does offer protection against spamming and other useful tools such as sim debugging information and to help building and scripting. That would be my dream come true rather than see these spammers and those who like to hack and troll others.

EricPrince811 wrote:

thank you for showing me this. I took a glance and saw that everything about that viewer I was using could have risked me getting banned. I am glad I asked sooner about this issue. However i would like to know of a viewer that does offer protection against spamming and other useful tools such as sim debugging information and to help building and scripting. That would be my dream come true rather than see these spammers and those who like to hack and troll others.

Firestorm is probably the most feature rich Viewer.

And what I said about these copy bot viewers carrying 'payloads,' I am very serious.

I'd suggest you do a serious scan of your system for 'goodies.'

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.