My interface flashes in rainbow colors 0_0

Kolby Nissondorf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently purchased a new computer (or laptop) I should say. It runs on an Intel core i5 processors, and the graphics all around are excellent. I'd copy over the computer specs, but I can't find it on the Windows 8 operating system.

But theres only one issues I've had with it so far - whenever I boot up a viewer (V3 or Firestorm) my interface flashes in a multitude of rainbow colors.

Like seriously, I'm gunna have a damn seisure.

Can anyone help? I've started the viewers in compatibility mode, but that didn't seem to help. And I can't grab a screenshot because whenever I hit the Print Screen, it happens to capture it in an off second that its not all f'd up.

Sounds like a graphics card driver problem, are you using an ATI/AMD card?

If yes, good luck with finding working drivers for SL and Win8.

Windows 8 is still a non supported operating system for all official and third party viewers, you might think about downgrading to a supported OS too to get this solved.

J.

• 3 weeks later...

Holey **bleep**e I cant believe this either I recently as well purchased my dream laptop and it has a Duel Core I7 and the graphics are better than I have ever seen them. However This machine also came with windows8. So I too am having the flashing rainbow colors and its rather annoying. Though when a machine is Loaded with the new windows 8 software its damn hard to get rid of. I had my Windows 7 disk and tried to install it and every time I tried too it would not work because windows8 would take over during the loading process and you basically get all kinds of errors trying to revert back to 7. I have never had this issue before on any machine and I have to say its disappoint to have dropped well over a grand on this machine and cant downgrade it without having major problems. What I wish to know is if anyone else out there had heard of SL supporting Windows 8 fully in the future or if this is going to have to be something we are going to have to live with.

just for reference:

Firestorm 4.3.1 (31155) Dec  2 2012 00:45:37 (Firestorm-Release) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz (1696.14 MHz)
Memory: 3993 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit  (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.17.0010.2817
OpenGL Version: 4.0.0 - Build 9.17.10.2817

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0d zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: firestorm (grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 280
Bandwidth: 1150
LOD factor: 2
Built with MSVC version 1600

• 4 weeks later...

I am also having the same issues. I do believe its the HD4000 card thats having an issue. I run with no problem with

the HD3000 and the HD2000. All SL Viewers and Firestorm and Singularety are having the same issues. Latest Imprudence viewer run great..

My specs:

CPU: Intel® Core i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz (1696.13 MHz)
Memory: 3991 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit  (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.17.0010.2828
OpenGL Version: 4.0.0 - Build 9.17.10.2828

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0d zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: firestorm (grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 128
Bandwidth: 3000
LOD factor: 2
Built with MSVC version 1600

Imprudence works just fine with my win 8 hd4000 laptop... the rest of the viewers does not work. (tested singularity, v2, firestorm and imprudence only tho). This is a V2 problem.. I can play all games I tested and everything else works just fine so this is more a V2 vs driver problem then just the driver. or nothing else would work either.

• 1 month later...

I have found the fix. or work around.

I was having the same problem with the flashing red and green.  I have intel hd 4000 prc graphic controller. In SL, under preferences> graphics>advanced, uncheck basic shaders. it will fade out the other boxes below but the flashing will stop and the menu and scroll bar colors will go back to normal.

Ing Brinner wrote:

Imprudence works just fine with my win 8 hd4000 laptop... the rest of the viewers does not work. (tested singularity, v2, firestorm and imprudence only tho). This is a V2 problem.. I can play all games I tested and everything else works just fine so this is more a V2 vs driver problem then just the driver. or nothing else would work either.

First of all: V2 is dead and buried

Second thing: Better get a new computer soon, V1 viewers will very soon become obsolete, when LL introduces Server Side BAking. Hope you did not  fall into that gaming laptop trap that was invented by some marketing guys.

J.

• 2 weeks later...

ThraesRedemption wrote:

I was having the same problem with the flashing red and green.  I have intel hd 4000 prc graphic controller.
In SL, 
under preferences> graphics>advanced, uncheck basic shaders. it will fade out the other boxes below but the flashing will stop and the menu and scroll bar colors will go back to normal.

This worked for me.  I was running fine without the rainbows, and suddenly they appeared.  No clue.  This is a work around, but it's far better than the rainblow flashes.  o.O

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I was having the same problem with the flashing red and green.  I have intel hd 4000 prc graphic controller. In SL, under preferences> graphics>advanced, uncheck basic shaders. it will fade out the other boxes below but the flashing will stop and the menu and scroll bar colors will go back to normal.

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.