My hair is weird

marianamsn12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Someone can help me? My hair is look like this:

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p509/marianamsn/Snapshot_002_zps80846e8a.png

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p509/marianamsn/Snapshot_001_zpsca6a41e6.png

Have something that I can do to fix it? It wasn't like this before. And now I can't check Advanced Lighting Model, ambient occlusion and depth of field, and I did it before too. I already updated my graphic card.

marianamsn12 wrote:

Someone can help me? My hair is look like this:

Have something that I can do to fix it? It wasn't like this before. And now I can't check 
Advanced Lighting Model, ambient occlusion and depth of field, and I did it before too. I already updated my graphic card.

I don't see anything wrong with your hair, honestly, but I do see that perhaps you aren't wearing an alpha layer for the top. *shrugs*

The only mildly “bad” thing I see in your hair, at least from what faint detail those pictures provide, is what appears to be a less than ideal anti-aliasing applied to it, giving it a somewhat “grainy” look. If that's it, and considering you recently updated your graphics card's drivers, it could be that you lost the better adjustments previously in use. Your SL viewer theoretically controls antialiasing but, if I'm not mistaken, it limits to whether to apply it, and how much oversampling; then there's external settings, which you can access through your specific card's settings panel (mine can be brought up by right-clicking on the desktop and choosing NVidia's control panel from the menu); once there go to the 3D section and look for a (relatively) long list of advanced settings; those dealing with antialiasing (type, algorithm, app controlled or not, etc.) are the ones you probably want to play with. In fact, many graphics cards let you create specific 3D settings profiles for each program, so that whatever you choose for your SL viewer doesn't negatively affect other programs (that also use 3D viewing).

If you have trouble finding and/or changing those external settings, it'd be a good idea to tell us what your specific graphics card's model is, so that someone with identical (or at least similar) hardware can guide you further.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.