My cloud problem apparently resolved : Belking N300 router

Robin23 Dagostino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As some of you may know, I spent a couple of months unable to actually "live" SL because the official SL viewer (and others I tried) always left me in a green cloud and gave me tons of errors saying it could not find my clothing and body parts :(

Well, we have finally figured out what the problem was! or so we think... A few months ago my half brother replaced our Wireless router for something "newer and better". Our old DLink was replaced by a brand new Belkin N300 (so says the underside).

As it turns out there seems to be something with that "better" router that it does not like SECOND LIFE!!! he did some things and when he connected my computer (where I have the official SL viewer) straight to the internet modem then all seemed to download fine to my viewer and I was able to enjoy SL again. When the computer is connected back via his Belkin router, my avi never fully downloads and I get the errors about it not finding my body parts.

He has not figured out what to do in the router to fix my problem and I want the old router back because when I want to do SL then nobody has WiFi at home :( I guess we have some issues to resolve in RL :)

i have that Belkin modem

have him plug your computer direct into it with a cable. make sure that your computer is not also using WiFi. Turn it off if it is

then it goes

edit: the other computers in house can still use the Wifi. Ours are set up that way. Only me on the cable. Everything goes good together

+

if you still got troubles then is the DNS. The Belkin N300 "optimises" stuff. SL dont like "optimises". It likes plain standard unoptimised same like the rest of the world does. not Belkin. Is why SL goes good on your old modem

have him set up your computer to not get DNS automatically from your ISP. Have him set it up to use Google and OpenDNS instead. Get him to add all of them in: 8.8.8.8, 4.4.4.4 and 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

then it goes really good

ps. the Belkin N300 is really good. when it goes. like really really good. So he is not wrong about that. Is just that its really picky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.