Movments cut in frames

Rosele Maroon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sounds like a graphics issue, maybe you have the settings up too high. It probably isn't necessarily an updated drivers issue. What are your PC age and specs? If anything I'd recommend trying to lower the graphics slowly to see when you stop lagging and stick with that. Also if you're running on high speed Internet then that's probably not an issue. Even if you were using your wireless connection that still probably wouldn't matter if you're close to the router. Now if you're using dsl or dial up then yea that might just be an issue lol. Also some areas are just laggy as SL makes mistakes too, not every issue is on the players end. SL is really making some enhancements lately and with the new changes it will probably cause a lot of users to have to lower their graphics unless they have a good graphics/video card...

Oh could you by any chance have picked the wrong driver for you graphics card? Maybe you should check closely... that may be the issue as well, I'd have to know more.

My babys daddy said it was usaully becuase the computer got to hot because of fluff in the fan and told me i shoud vacumm my old computer but wen i did a bit fell off and it wont work no more

My babys daddy shoud no thes things becuase he went to collage and has a cirtifecate in intermeediate tehcnology

Rosele Maroon wrote:

ok -new driver +graphic on lowest and Viewer Texture Memory buffer on 300-its a little better -Graphic Card not collapsing-but its not perfect.  wonder what kind of comp is enough good for SL -if there is any LOL. Thank you -)

I got the impression this was a new problem, that you'd been running SL at a higher grahics setting previously on this computer. 

Vague information is going to result in vague answers.

While turning down graphics can relieve a lot of problems, that is not the same as fixing them.

It is possible that there is nothing more that can be done if your system specs are not up to it. But it is up to you if you want to take a closer look at the problem.  If you do you are going to need to post some details.

I need more info like your PC specs...if anything I'd set it to low, but if its still bad then its more than likely your graphics card.

As for a PC good enough for SL, yes mine runs on high and on ultra. Of course in order to run SL good you're going to need a PC for gaming, meaning it needs a good amount of ram, hard drive space, and a good graphics/video card.

For gaming pcs I typically stick to "ibuypower" brand.

hi-this is a new problem -i have this comp for 5 years and alwayes everything worked perfectly-untill recently

I have Geoforce gtx 260M--i7 CPU-4Gb RAM-windows 7

my grafikcard started to turne of SL -i made lower texture memory -but its still not good 

thank you -)

Rosele Maroon wrote:

hi-this is a new problem -i have this comp for 5 years and alwayes everything worked perfectly-untill recently

I have Geoforce gtx 260M--i7 CPU-4Gb RAM-windows 7

my grafikcard started to turne of SL -i made lower texture memory -but its still not good 

thank you -)

So we are talking a laptop.

One possibilty could be if it has both dedicated and integrated graphics for some reason it has decided to use the integrated graphics instead of the dedicated.  A discussion of that issue is here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/how-to-fix-nvidia-s-optimus-to-recognize-second-life/qaq-p/980637

It might be helpful if you get the following info and include it here.  From your viewer (you don't have to be logged in), at the top of your screen, Help/About.  Copy paste that info to the thread.

eta, not all of us are here 24/7  so sometimes replies are slow.

thank you for helping -here it comes

CPU: Intel® Core i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz (1600 MHz)
Memory: 4086 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 260M/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.3523
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.12
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 0/5,031 (0.0%)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.