Mike Elgan on "Why in-air gestures failed, and why they'll soon win"

Qie Niangao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Coby Foden wrote:

I'm trying to imagine myself in front of a screen, holding up my arms without any support, making gestures. How long could I keep doing that before my arms go in strike due to fatique? Standing up in front of the screen could be easier for the arms. But sitting down, umm...

The whole concept is fascinating but I am also in agreement with you.  And you need to deal with the need to actually touch so forced feedback needs to be added.  A huge mental adjustment.  I have a difficult time imagining doing this for an extended period of time no matter how cool it may be.

There are of course other potential uses for the technology.  Surgery Simulators being a prime example.

i would like someone to invent a pressure thingy. That I can hold in my hands. Something like a globe which allows me to press it on different points simultaneously. And is also like a rubik cube kinda sorta. So I can twist it also

would be great for building 3D with. and also for touching all kinds of other stuff. other avatars even

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.