Malicious...

MIstahMoose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

MIstahMoose wrote:

Downloaded SL viewer since Firestorm no longer does physics (sadness)

and uh, Well

It got blocked as malicious...

Any explanations for that?

Blocked from installing by your AV?

Some AV's have been absolutely notorious for that.  It's usually the SL Plug In or Vivox that triggers them.

This has been going on for years.

It's over agressive heuristic scanning.

This ofcourse assumes you downloaded from LL and I'm sure you would have got that right.

eta, a forum search will turn up a lot of threads about it.

Ah, Well.... I didn't think to search it honestly :P

Good to know what causes it (not that I suspected it was actual malicious software, unless of course I begin to get bullied on SL..then its quite bad :P)

Physics is an animated effect that replicates the movement your breasts, bottom and belly would have when the body walks, jumps, dances, etc. Originally present (in a more limited way) in a now deprecated third-party viewer, it later became a standard SL feature, but as it had proved slightly controversial, Linden Labs chose to play it safe by making it so that every single user can “opt in or out of it”.

To this end, you have to wear a specific item type, called a physics item (which contains several parameters as to exactly how each of those body parts move in reaction to the avatar movements); if you don't, then others won't see this effect in your avatar even if they have it turned on in their viewers' preferences. And on the other hand, if they have the effect turned off in their viewers, they won't see the effect in your avatar even if you are wearing a physics item. This way everyone gets to choose what they want.

Also its shorthand should probably be 'Body Physics' or (as it was originally known) Boob Physics.

'Physics' on its own is a little ambiguous. Making breasts jiggle is only a minor part of physics (but still very important!).

I never had much luck with this feature, since if you Alt+Tab while wearing body physics everything goes JigglejigglejigglejiggleJIGGLEJIGGLEJIGGLE-POW.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

I never had much luck with this feature, since if you Alt+Tab while wearing body physics everything goes JigglejigglejigglejiggleJIGGLEJIGGLEJIGGLE-POW.

freakout.gif  :smileyfrustrated:

That's why I almost never wear body physics. Anybody who's viewer is lagging (low fps)  will see the boobs doing a crazy dance. It's like a big bird starting a flight - flap, flap, flap, flappety, flap, flap... :smileyvery-happy:

MIstahMoose wrote:

and uh, Well

What "physics" are you refering too?

Avatar (breast) physics are still working for me.

Perrie Juran wrote:

MIstahMoose wrote:

and uh, Well

What "physics" are you refering too?

Avatar (breast) physics are still working for me.

Havok custom physics for mesh uploads don't work on x64

MIstahMoose wrote:

Havok custom physics for mesh uploads don't work on x64

That's right. I guess that 64 bit Firestorm will get Havok library only after Linden Lab makes and releases their 64 bit viewer - whenever that is going to happen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.