MOST ANNOYING RECURRING BUGS

Imagin Illyar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been in SL a while now and notice that while there is overall progress, there are also a number of bugs that seem to get fixed and break again on a regular basis.  Here's my list of most annoying recurring bugs.  Post your own, maybe someone at the Lab will notice and fix 'em once and for all!

1. Notecards - they almost never save correctly.  I click save and it goes blank or just appears to get stuck in saving mode.  Usually it does actually save but I have to close it an open it again to be sure.

2. Objects not loading until I click on them - I wonder how many things I just never see.  On my own land I know an object is there but I can't see it.  If I click where I know it is it suddenly appears but had I not known about it I would never have clicked there.

3. Objects not loading while selected - I drag something from inventory while in edit mode and I can see the select outline but not the object.  If I take it out of edit mode it appears but this is very frustrating when dragging clumps of a bunch of objects as I then have to select them all individually to move them where I really want them.

4. Group chat - I remember when group chat worked smoothly all the time.  It was a very long time ago now but if it once worked why is it that it almost never does now?

5. Objects that are returned to me by others - don't show up in my inventory lost & found until I relog.

6. Outfits that randomly stop working - ones that I wear regularly, sometimes I can't wear them, the option to wear is greyed out.  But the next time I log on it will work again.

7. Objects set to share with group - sometimes allow people in that group to move them and sometimes don't - it comes and goes very randomly.

I'm with you on #2 & #3...what a PITA :(

#6...I've never had this happen with clothing, but I do a lot with an object that has scripts.  Example, a bench I've had out forever, on my land, scripts enabled and then one day, it just stops working.  Resetting or relogging doesn't work at that time.  But, I'll go and try it a week or so later (after trying it every day) and all of a sudden, it works...go figure :(

I remember working on a new store and having prims jump back to and forth between the potion moved from to the new position. I Basically don't build that much these days, so i don't notice it.

BUT, one that is always around is uploads!! I try to upload, client crashes!!! I mean, this is on the beta grid and I understand they test things...like servers, NOT clients! Well, sort of clients to. But, to be honest...I think twice about uploading things on main grid when I have this issue! Sometimes it totally might remove an impulse upload lol. But, sometimes you know it is not the final item, you just need some reference to be able to move on with the rest of the work.

I think there is no care about this because you can always get a grid on your PC, which seems to have far less trouble and also loads far faster (usually) and the issue sort of is that you don't have your SL inventory and so on. I mean, you can maybe export some of it. But, it depends on what you are making weather it matters or not. You start to lean towards doing all of your beta testiing on a open sim you have on the hard drive! It is a bit of a hasstle, plus there is lag time and some differences. Plus, you might want to test some SL server code (phsyics with some of the new beta physics stuff..uh, like back when H4 was getting tested) so....yeah, having the client crash all the time when you try to upload stuff is a bit silly and wastes precious time.

I have none of those problems in any of the viewers I use.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

All of those problems are likely a connection issue. See: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection to test your connection.

The random nature of the problem is a strong suggestion that it is connection related. While there are some other possibilities, start with the connection.

I second Nalates - most of these sound like your connection is insufficiently reliable, they are not bugs.  There are plenty of those still though.  LL has a way of half-implementing things and then just adding another layer of paint rather than really fixing things.  It's free, enjoy it while it's still here.

I don't think the building issues are purely connection related. I think they can be viewer related as well.

Example: on any viewer, except the latest official and beta, I can select and drag around loads of linksets without any issues. On the official, my camera becomes laggy, the dragging becomes laggy etc. If another viewer with same settigns does not show these problems, it's not your connection!.

For me this also goes for voice, it is horrible and breaking up in the official and beta, but works perfect in for instance phoenix and firestorm. Again: this is the viewer, not the connection.

With your building issue, I would try a different viewer, see if it remains persistant. For instance phoenix (since that is v1 based and less heavy on most systems) if you experience the same issues with that viewer, you are experiencing too much packet loss.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.