Looking For SL Viewer Recommendations

JimmyKoolPantz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm currently using the viewer that came with the SL download

My computer has 2 monitors and I would like to move all my open windows to one monitor and leave the full view on the other monitor.

Is there and option in the Default SL Viewer to allow me to move my windows to a different monitor.. right now its restricted to the parent window.

Or is there another viewer that allows me to do this.  

The problem is I find my monitor ends up having allot of windows open and I keep having to close them or move them around.  I perfer to move them out of the way onto another monitor instead of closing them.

By the way I'm using a macbookpro computer from apple.

The idea has been studied and may be in some, probably early stage of development; I seem to remember the Firestorm team did publicly release a kind of “proof of concept” about it, but not particularly guaranteed to work.... they called it “pre-alpha” or something like that.

So I wouldn't expect a fully working version of it to be just around the corner.

There are no working viewers that allow placing the control panels out side the main viewer window/frame.

As suggested you can stretch the viewer across monitors. But, you will mostly be using whatever is built into your operating system for that.

The 'Proof of Concept' Firestorm viewer is from a couple of versions back. Contact the FS Devlopment team and ask them whats up with that viewer. I doubt it has been updated to the latest code. The team has more work than people. But, one of the developers may be playing with it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.