Long string on a mesh top?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

http://gyazo.com/4241b880bfa8d8bcdf9d94b86b67b43d

I've had this top for a long time and it's never done this before. Could it just be this particular top? I found the top on the MP (by another creator) and it looks like, by the reviews, that it doesn't happen for everyone (or that it is a recent issue). Would messaging the person I bought the item from for a new copy make a difference? Or is it just a lost cause at this point. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Cross-Strap-Tank-Fatpack/5651612?page=1This isn't the one I bought but the top is the same one. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Blueberry-Jennifer-Mesh-Tank-Top-White/4848190 Ironically, this is the same top but this issue doesn't exist (or it appears to not exist from the reviews). I just grabbed the demo of this top....and the demo is doing it to me too now. :(

I admit, my new house is fully mesh, my hair is mesh, my eyes - mesh, my body is now fully mesh, my clothes - all mesh. Could these things all be interacting with each other? I've noticed when I change anything mesh on my avatar my house has to render itself all over again. Am I being paranoid? lol

Thank you for the help guys. Idk where I'd go to ask these questions if you all didn't help. lol 

sunnygirl OHare wrote:

I've had this top for a long time and it's never done this before. Could it just be this particular top? I found the top on the MP (by another creator) and it looks like, by the reviews, that it doesn't happen for everyone (or that it is a recent issue). Would messaging the person I bought the item from for a new copy make a difference? Or is it just a lost cause at this point. 

This isn't the one I bought but the top is the same one. 

Ironically, this is the same top but this issue doesn't exist (or it appears to not exist from the reviews). I just grabbed the demo of this top....and the demo is doing it to me too now.
:(

I admit, my new house is fully mesh, my hair is mesh, my eyes - mesh, my body is now fully mesh, my clothes - all mesh. Could these things all be interacting with each other? I've noticed when I change anything mesh on my avatar my house has to render itself all over again. Am I being paranoid? lol

Thank you for the help guys. Idk where I'd go to ask these questions if you all didn't help. lol 

Go into preferences, graphics and check to see if you have hardware skinning unchecked, that should take care of the line you are seeing. Hope this helps.

No worries there, Sunnygirl. It's not the top, it's just that SL doesn't agree with your hardware. From the low quality of your photo I assume you're on some cheapo laptop without much of graphics power. For the beginning try to solve the problem by carefully cleaning out your laptop (or desktop in case my asssumption was wrong). Get rid of all the the dustbunnies and dirt inside the case and see  if that helps. It's recommended procedure every 6 mths (3 if you're a smoker). Best use a soft soft supersoft brush and a can of compressed air for the task. Oh, and a micro screwdriver for opening up the maintenance panels of the lappy. But in the long run only a more powerful machine with a decent dedicated graphics card will help you. 

I hadn't realized that a quick snapshot was going to cause anyone to judge the type of hardware I was using or I'd have attempted to take a more polished picture for your scrutinization. :P

I have my graphics turned down because I was told to. Since I use windlight settings someone said I don't need anything higher. Also, I took the picture in a nonspecific area and snapped it quick (the focus was on my glitch). My pc (not a laptop) probably does need a cleaning but I'm not a smoker (just dust bunnies here). 

Anyway, the problem is fixed. Thank you again Heart. :)

So I have this issue at times too. I tried turning off hardware skinning and OMG is THAT bad. Not going to happen LOL.  Don't know if it fixed the problem but I don't care!   HOHO.

Just wanted to note that I asked about this a couple of weeks ago and someone pointed me to a jira. This is apparently a newish bug. At the time I looked the thread was calling for more info. So hopefully it will eventually get fixed on its own.  Happily it doesn't happen often to me. Think it has something to do with fitted mesh and I have almost none. I do end up derendering folks now and then if I am in a crowded venue.

sunnygirl OHare wrote:

I hadn't realized that a quick snapshot was going to cause anyone to judge the type of hardware I was using

I have my graphics turned down because I was told to. Since I use windlight settings someone said I don't need anything higher.

Well, you posted the link to the snapshot so we could try and analyze what's wrong, didn't you? The jagged outlines and missing atmo shaders are a dead giveaway for intentionally bad graphics setttings (why would anybody do that?) or weakish hardware (more porobable).

The second statement doesn't make any sense at all. Why do you turn your graphics down just because you use windlight settings? We all are on windlight since 2009, in fact you can't be NOT on WL, and that never stopped anyone from trying to achieve the best possible visuals.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.