Login script not working for alt

Nak Benelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

on a Mac Yosemite and latest FS I have a login script as follows:

do shell script "\"/Applications/Firestorm-Release.app/Contents/MacOS/Firestorm\" -multiple -login yourName yourPass"
quit

It works fine for my "main" avatar, but does not work for an alt. Name & pw are correct, multiple viewers allowed and login stuff on normal login screen just the same. Userlogininfo are the same, all debug settings resetted.

I get a message that username and/or pw could not be verified.  I just can't figure out why two identical scripts and avatar settings work for the first avatar, but not the second. Pls, give a noob the simple answer, thank you :-)

First  of all....Login with  your ALT  only.  (I say this because you mentioned multiple viewers are enabled)

Just log ALT in with a single viewer and all other applications closed.     Test  to see if this works.

If you still get error "username and/or pw could not be verified"   Then i suspect you are not entering the name or password correctly somehow......i.e  pass words are case sensitive......user name or password misspelled . 

Use your ALT username and password  to log in to the SL  Forums webpage....to verify that the name and password are correct.   if you can log your ALT in here(forums)  then the user name and password must be correct.

dd

Hello, alt here to say hello: hello. No problem to log in here or by login screens in SL Viewer and FS, but no chance by Nak's script. No misspellings of name or pw. Nak was wrong before about the name/pw error message or maybe it appeared once or twice. Now the message is: Error: the required argument for option '--login' is missing.

Then FS hangs and I need to use Force Quit.

Then: command terminated due to recipt of a signal (1009)

The script was as follows:

do shell script "\"/Applications/Firestorm-Release.app/Contents/MacOS/Firestorm\" -login chiri9nope xyz123"quit

Look closely at error message........I think its showing '- -login'    (not  '-login' )

Iput a space between the 2 dashes only for clarity ...  actualy should be '--login' 

This is just a guess on my part...i am not a Mac person....I'm just thinking there is some subtle hard to see error.

good luck

dd

Thank you irihapeti, that did it, problem solved. I registered my "main" avatar almost 8 years ago, played around without going into any scripting etc, then was away until a few weeks ago. A lot have happened in SL meanwhile! Ofc an alt created now don't have a first and last name, but I had no clue about it. It is all explained here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Usernames-and-display-names/ta-p/700173

Thank you dd and irihapeti from both Chiri and Nak :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.