LL Viewer gives pixelated images only

Caitlin Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am an avid user of the LL Viewer, it is my preferred viewer, I am using the latest official one and have always been happy with the quality of the images I make.

Since today, all my images are heavily pixelated and unusable. I have tried my usual 3000x2000 px wide to harddisk and also went down to 'as screen size' but the quality is horrible.

I have just, before posting this, updated my Nvidia drivers to be sure it wasnt that but alas...no better result. The annoying thing is, in Firestorm I do not get this pixelated effect - in a attempt to rule out all kinds of stuff I went as far as to try Firestorm.

These are my machine specs, note I just updated Nvidia:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor            (3092.3 MHz)
Memory: 8100 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 550 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.4052
OpenGL Version: 4.4.0

And this is the difference in pics, LL vs FS, same graphs (medium) same windlight:

If anyone has an idea on what is going on, or what I need to do to fix it.....thanks in advance!

halp.png

i can reproduce this blockiness if saving the picture as JPEG, and the JPEG quality slider is set far to the left (image quality about the 0-20 range)

i can only repro with those settings, JPEG with high imagequality, also PNG and BMP, are capturing full resolution and color here.

so, check that slider below the image format button. note that if you usually use the Ctrl+` shortcut, it uses the format and quality settings from the last time you had the full Ctrl+Shift+S snapshot floater open.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.