Key combo to hide the UI does not work

NJMike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't hide the UI pressing CTRL+ALT+F1 - nothing happens. I have to go into the Advanced menu and do it from there. But then if I do that, I can't get the UI back due to the menus and dialoges being invisible.

Can someone please help ASAP? Because this Saturday I am going to be recording quick SL clip with FRAPS for a person I know, and I need the screen to be devoid of all things, including the UI.

I am using Singularity Viewer 1.7.3 (3624).

NJMike wrote:

I can't hide the UI pressing CTRL+ALT+F1 - nothing happens. I have to go into the Advanced menu and do it from there. But then if I do that, I can't get the UI back due to the menus and dialoges being invisible.

Can someone please help ASAP? Because this Saturday I am going to be recording quick SL clip with FRAPS for a person I know, and I need the screen to be devoid of all things, including the UI.

I am using Singularity Viewer 1.7.3 (3624).

You're probably running another application that captures that keystroke combination. CTRL+ALT+F1 works fine with Viewer 3.4.5 when the viewer's focused but it pulls up Microsoft help when Explorer is focused.

Yeah I have been told the same thing before, but I don't think anything is assigned to that, because I focused to my desktop and did it, still nothing happened. Same when focused to FireFox. Also doesn't do anything on Firestorm viewer.

Pressing F1 on its own brings up the dialoge asking if I want to be taken to SL's help page or something, though.

How can I check what all my keys are linked to so I can see if I really do have something assigned to it? I tried this one program but for some reason it only registered two of my shortcut keys in its list; I have a lot more than that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

And a third thank you from me! I never managed to hide my UI on my previous notebook and you can't imagine how many support lines I talked to and nobody could help. Now I got a new notebook where it didn't work either... tried your advice and voilà - my UI is gone with the key combo that should work. A thousand thank yous :-) Can't wait to try it out on my older one.

• 2 weeks later...

It worked for me the first time . Today I have again the same problem after I installed the windows 8.1 and now what I did the first time doesn't work . I spent a lot of time recording a movie but I haven't finished it yet. I need to record and I can't hide my interface. How can I do that with windows 8.1?

Thanks a lot again for your answer 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The good news is that it focused on the Enable / Disable.

I enabled and changed the Hot Key combo to Ctrl-Alt-1 and that allowed me to use the appropriate combo.

Then after this success I went back and Disabled the Hot Keys and it still worked as expected.

Thank you for the information.

• 4 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.