Just downloaded SL viewer...no worky??

FreyaLaveaux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I just joined last night, but only got around to downloading the SL viewer this evening. We have a desktop computer, and a laptop. The viewer works fine on my laptop, but not on the desktop.

Desktop is windows 7, and while the download and installation was quick and easy, the stupid thing just won't start up!

I really want to fix this, as my laptop has internet connection issues and I can never stay signed into SL for more than 5-10 minutes. I need to get it working on my desktop...i'm seriously 5 minutes away from going turbo ninja on these crappy electronics :matte-motes-angry:

Apologies if this is the umpteenth time you've had to answer this post. If you can help me or link to a pevious thread of the same problem, i'd really appreciate it!

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection.

Without that information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

Otherwise, on Windows click Start and type DXDIAG, case doesn’t matter. That will open the dxdiag panel. It will give you your system specs. We need to know: video driver version, OpenGL version, …

You don't say if you checked system specs. Check that your computer meets the System Requirements | Second Life.

Many desktop computers use only the Intel Video built into the CPU. You can use the free program GPU-Z if you don't know what hardware is in your computer.

The Makers of the Firestorm Viewer have a troubleshooting guide for there viewer. Most of the ideas apply to the SL Viewer. http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/firestorm_troubleshooting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.