Issues with getting my camera focussed on an object

Sheena Kamala

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

I have just got a new comp with Windows 8.1 and obviously also newly installed the SL Viewer.

When I try to use my Alt + left mouse or Ctrl + Alt left mouse and move the wheel to zoom in... it automatically starts zooming out or orbiting left or right of the object I am focusing on (whilst I am holding down the Alt or Ctrl keys I should add) also the camera controls seem to act very jumpy.

I have seen a couple of posts that have mentioned something similar, but no real answers given.

Yes... I have tried camera smoothing

Yes... I have tried shift 0, 8 and 9

I have tried moving the mouse sensitivity preferences and adjusting the camera presets, still nothing seems to effect or solve the issue.

If anyone has encountered this problem, please let me know if you found the solution.

I am not a fan of third party viewers, so I will not even consider them, unless they are really the final solution.

Thanks in advance!

Sheena Kamala :-)

HI Sheena

Alt +:Lmb to focus, Ctrl-Alt + LMB to rotate, Shift+Ctrl+Alt+LMB to pan,, Mouse scrool to zoom,, disable camera constraints in advanced menu,,  however always found the SL viewer camera a bit yukky especially  on close up viewing,(selfie)seemed to have bounding box issue TPV and camera huds was my only solution Capture.JPG

I have seen something like that. It probably isn't the same issue, but just in case.... I have 2 PCs next to each other and I use Mouse without Borders so that I I can use one mouse and keyboard for both computers. (they both have a mouse and keyboard but one set is tucked away).

So if SL is running on the one computer and I use the mouse from the other computer then Alt + Mouse button goes crazy, jumping all over the place.

This is not a new problem but it's much more common on Windows 8.1 because of this

Running an SL viewer with a non default DPI setting on Windows causes a lot of camming problems.

To fix this - Right click desktop -> Screen resolution -> Make text and other items larger or smaller -> Make sure this is set on 100% (default). If you see a slider on 8.1, slide it all the way to the left.

Refs:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.